Plugging a Generator Exhaust port

Chuckberg2

Cadet
We are removing the generator from a whaler 305 Conquest, checking to see if there are clamp on caps made to isolate the exhaust port. the exhaust Hose is 2" ID. Even if I were to say plug the hose further back in the boat I still cannot find Plugs for the Hose.
I really want to cap it at the hull just in case the original hose should fail somewhere down the line.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
have a custom plug made up. below the water line requires 2 clamps per each connection.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Exhaust should exit above the water line. If it does, possibly you could find one of them temporary rubber core plugs like they use on cars. They expand as you tighten them just like a drain plug on the transom.It should hold up pretty good, as it's just plugging the fitting, no pressures involved. If they make them that size.

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Could either cut a piece of the exhaust hose off and then use a 2 inch PVC pipe and cap. Clamp the hose on the port, then insert the PVC pipe and cap into the hose and clamp it.

Or leave the whole length of hose on and tie it up high

Chuckberg2

Cadet
Thanks everyone, I was hoping someone made a piece that was just for that, but yeah, new hose with a plug in it of some sort,