Please help identify my "new" 1986 Stratos!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtmod61

Cadet
I purchased this 1986 Stratos over the weekend. The title only lists it as a 19'1" 1986 Stratos open boat. Can anyone please identify the model of this boat? It runs over the water excellently. The only thing I need to do really is chase down a few electrical gremlins, and add sonars to the console and bow. Any opinions on reasonbly priced sonars? The PO did a very nice job on the new interior, carpet, and new gel coat. Even a great paint job on the trailer. Obviously he knew nothing about wiring though.:facepalm: Thanks for the help guys! Also, what is the consensus of the value of this boat? Thanks!
STRATOS1.jpgSTRATOS2.jpgSTRATOS3.jpgSTRATOS4.jpgSTRATOS5.jpg

wolf81tx

Cadet
Re: Please help identify my "new" 1986 Stratos!!

Your Stratos look like a slightly longer version of mine. I have an 86 Stratos 179V. Actual length on the title reads 17.8.I just got it and am still in the restoration phase.Hope this helps.:)IMG_1148.jpgIMG_1165.jpgIMG_1166.jpgIMG_1167.jpgIMG_1168.jpg

dirtmod61

Cadet

Thanks for your response. I appreciate the pics. They do look remarkably similar. My bow setup is quite different, though. A neighbor up the road stopped yesterday and said he had a 189v that was identical to mine in the 90's. He thought it might have been his with as he put it "with some loving up". I'm still wondering if a boat titled as a 19' 1" could be called a 189.

wolf81tx

Cadet

They are all funny in that area. Cool thing about owning a Stratos is they are still in buisenes. You can write them and they should be able to help

dirtmod61

Cadet

Just got off the phone with Jason at Stratos/OMC/Ranger. Gave him the serial number of the boat, and it is indeed a 189V. He is going to be sending what little material they have left from 1986, which includes a basic wiring diagram including add-ons. He was a HUGE help. I recommend anyone dealing with a Stratos wiring issue to give him a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.