Please help Figure this one out,your a hero

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: Please help Figure this one out,your a hero

Joe seems to know his stuff and using his crazy troubleshooting methods seems to be not so crazy after all. Gravity feeding a motor seems like a very idea when troubleshooting.

That reply about nailing a stool to the deck was a tongue in cheek remark. I just got tired of typing remarks that was totally ignored as were other members who also left the thread.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

The motor is finally fixed,it was the fuel pump,when i put on the OMC pump it runs great..

I tried to do the calculation of the probability that TWO NEW fuel pumps in a row would be defective, but ran out of zeroes on my calculator.

It sounds much like what the IT folks euphemistically refer to as a "liveware" error.
Wonder what went wrong....:confused:

I would suspect that the OP finally repaired the air leak.... accidentally.

We'll probably never know whether there was anything wrong with the original pump.
Still, it's a great lesson in the economic benefits of taking a systematic approach and working with an OEM manual.

Cost of a manual on eBay = LT $40- .
Follow the manual's directions and pictures for testing the fuel pump = Free
Cost of fuel pump test gauge = Borrow at no cost or buy for LT $20-

Paying attention to posts, answering questions accurately, and thereby getting the problem solved quickly and painlessly....PRICELESS!
:D

For everything else there is Mastercard.

It's still a happy ending, and that's always great to hear!!

durban

Master Chief Petty Officer

well done happy you got it fixed we are all hero's with our input to have solved your problem

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!:joyous:

nwcove

Admiral

home run......in the 15th inning!!!!! ;)

jbeener1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I tried to do the calculation of the probability that TWO NEW fuel pumps in a row would be defective, but ran out of zeroes on my calculator.

It sounds much like what the IT folks euphemistically refer to as a "liveware" error.
Wonder what went wrong....:confused:

I would suspect that the OP finally repaired the air leak.... accidentally.

We'll probably never know whether there was anything wrong with the original pump.
Still, it's a great lesson in the economic benefits of taking a systematic approach and working with an OEM manual.

Cost of a manual on eBay = LT $40- .
Follow the manual's directions and pictures for testing the fuel pump = Free
Cost of fuel pump test gauge = Borrow at no cost or buy for LT $20-

Paying attention to posts, answering questions accurately, and thereby getting the problem solved quickly and painlessly....PRICELESS!
:D

For everything else there is Mastercard.

It's still a happy ending, and that's always great to hear!![/QUOTE
If i repaired the air leak then it was in the fuel pump, i cant believe that the aftermaket fuel pumps would be the problem,but all i know is that when i put the OMC pump on it works great..

nwcove

Admiral

..........so who won the hero biscuit??

tjhamms

Seaman Apprentice

My vote goes to Light. The very first reply! Glad to see your up and running jbeener1.

jbeener1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My vote goes to Light. The very first reply! Glad to see your up and running jbeener1.
There are to many to name,so many people had a lot of input and help, If I had to pick any it would be those who stuck with the thread and didn't give up on me and the motor.