Playbouy Yachtsman 24 Restoration

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Well, I'm going to consider this one officially splashed. There are still some small odds and ends, but those never go away, on account of it being a boat.

Saturday morning, I went to wally world to snag some pellets as I was barbecuing that day. Had been thinking to myself about what to do for a stereo, as we had used a small bluetooth speaker in the past. Happened to stroll down the clearance aisle, and found this for nearly half off retail!

Sonic-Boom_2-1100x1000-cropped.jpg

It's an Altec Lansing sonic boom. Waterproof, and floats. 100 watts, 50 hours battery life. Can also be used to charge devices. At half volume, it was loud enough to be heard plain as day over the boat running wide open, so I'm beyond pleased.

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
The rest of Saturday was spent wrapping up things. I ordered new wheels and tires for the trailer, and got those installed. Inspected and regreased the bearings at the same time. I'm still not a huge fan of our trailer, but I think it will last us the season. I think at year's end, we're just going to bite the bullet and order a brand new bunk one, with provisions for a third toon (winter project?).

The biggest task was redoing the steering setup. The prior cable had a slight kink in it right at the middle, so minor steering adjustments took both hands and a lot of force. On top of that, it was backwards. I had gotten used to driving that way, but it made it very challenging for other people to Captain if need be.

After about 2 hours of fighting the stupid half moon key in the helm, I had everything apart, new cable in, and the console reattached. The new cable actually steers the correct direction, and is effortless! The admiral is now super comfortable driving, which is going to make ramp time so much easier.

While I worked on the steering, she deep cleaned the whole boat and all the seats to get rid of that winter storage grime. She's looking pretty and is all ready for our big Memorial Day weekend trip. Sure, she looks a little homemade, but I'd venture to guess we're still under $3,000, all said and done, which I can live with.

Finally, a special shoutout once again to crazyinkc. Without him, this project wouldn't have been possible. Iboaters are good folks!!

aZHtoRN.jpg

mYj1b1d.jpg

d73u524.jpg

qZEEDPe.jpg

J8aItFu.jpg

kPeSBej.jpg

AkQm8N7.jpg

I7B32mE.jpg

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Despite on/off rain all weekend, we finally got a chance to water test Sunday evening. The new wheels and tires made a WORLD of difference in how the trailer tows. I have about a 200 mile round trip this week, and I'm confident it'll do ok. The new steering was also a breeze. Didn't have much activity, but did find this nice bass. Thanks for following along on my thread!!!!

RUQJTkU.jpg

O9BeSeD.jpg

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
So, our first memorial day weekend with "The Nauti Pickle" is in the books! Boat ran great all weekend, besides a starter bolt backing out our first run on Friday. 25 cents at the Marina shop and 5 minutes later we were back in business! Wonderful weekend with even better friends.

Buddy helped me bring the little boat out too. That thing is too much fun with 35 hp on it.

CpXM9vf.jpg

Kansas thunderstorms are always a sight to behold.

EBU1JfT.jpg

Here she is in action! Not fast, but a lot of fun.

I hope everyone else had a great weekend, and a better summer! Happy boating, and thanks for staying tuned for my build.

bansil

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Looks like fun, do you still have your wt/cap. placard? if so can you take a picture and pm me?