Planing a 14 1/2 foot with 40Hp

tiller7104

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Planing a 14 1/2 foot with 40Hp

Sorry hit the wrong button....The above are quotes from Texasmark.........it took me a few times of reading the whole thread to get all the facts straight, Sounds to me like there is a bad case of water log like you guys have all said.....if the boat plowed or porpused more I would say he is under powered. A good running "correctly proped" 40 should do the job here, it does not sound like the fireman is trying to set any land speed records just wants an effieciantly running boat. Sounds like you has some work ahead of you! This is an interesting one....I would love to find out the outcome here!

elark7

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Planing a 14 1/2 foot with 40Hp

I am unable to get into the the area where the holes should be cut. The access panal over the batteries and wiring is not large enough for me to get in and reach far enough back. I had my son operate the boat while I watched through the panal and noticed only a small amount of water on the starboard side. Possibly from around the through hull fitting for the bait well, and when the live well was on it leaked into this area.