plan3

Plan3

Cadet
I have this 2002 200 hp Fitcht that's costing me a fortune with ignition related problems. First, it was alarm,then safe operation. Till a friend helped me discover water in the fuel! Since then, in the following order: engine shut-downs and long waits in "safe," mechanic does some swaps and eventually recommends new harness, saying there's evidence of probing and picking. So . . ., with new harness I get good results, but only for a couple of trips. Again, alarn and waiting in "safe' for longer and longer periods. After a while, no start. Mechanic re-appears with laptop, finds code problems and recommends I send EMM for resetting of codes. I contact DFI; a friendly technician listens and tells me to send box in. They work on it and send it back. I get good results for a couple of weeks; then, intermittent problems with starter not engaging, though battery properly charged; I start motor at solenoid by by-passing. I install a new solenoid; same problem. I contact a new techman, and he is to come and see what's going on. While waiting, I try one more time, looping at the solenoid. Motor again starts and races out. Before I get to the throttle lever to slow it down, a few steps away, motor shuts down. After that, no more spark. Is it likely I messed up my EMM again? Techman is to come today; he knows all of the above, plus I have the "engine history report" that I sent to DFI. (It seems, every time I'm about to give Fitcht the benefit of the doubt and say something positive, I'm lashed with these electronic repairs and corrections that have cost me a fortune!)

reddogg

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: plan3

Ahh, the joys of modern technology:) Sorry for your problems brother, hope ya get it straightend out.

Red

Plan3

Cadet
Re: plan3

Thanks for the encouragemt. We're working at it, pathetic optimist that I am!!! Yet, Thanks!

Plan3