Plan B and the Dime

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer
I have an older suzuki 40 and the gas line takes an outdated adapter. I only had a 6 gallon tank and a 12 would not really fit. This past saturday I fixed up another 6 gallon tank to a T and 2 valves one to 1 tank 1 to the other. They sit in either corner of the boat just perfect.

So far so good.

Out on the lake today tank 1 fails - either the pickup rod dropped off the tank or the primer bulb failed, the primer bulb would not prime the line I could feel the part rolling around inside it.

No problem I switch to tank 2 - I look down and I had put the primer bulb on backwards, with it facing the tank not the engine.

No problem it is just connected with hose clamps.

I open up the catch all bag and find my swiss army knife missing - now I have a problem.

I find a dime on the floor and low and behold it fits in the slot. I am able to switch the primer bulb around and we are off and running again.

I need to switch the other old tank out for another one and this time I will make sure the primer bulb is in the right direction AND the swiss army knife is back in the bag.

Tomatolord

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Plan B and the Dime

Good job.

Curious, What was plan C ?