Pictures of my latest project

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant
while the lake has been down, we decided to build our pier in the cove up at the lake.<br /><br />it's not a big boathouse, but will let me tie up the boat and PWC. It's 4' x 41'. Took us 3 weekends to complete. Hopefully I won't be getting too much mud in my boat when we used to bank it! Now I just need the water to rise. don't know what I'm going to do about all the grass that has grown in there since the water has been out. <br /><br />
pier1.jpg
<br />
pier2.jpg
<br />
pier3.jpg
<br /><br />the pier is rougly where my friends aluminum boat is beached.<br /><br />
whaler-26.jpg

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Pictures of my latest project

Looks great, Mike! That should be a real asset to your boating pleasure. No more walking up a muddy bank. :) What lake is that again??

bootle

Lieutenant Junior Grade

KK, you need to take lessons in rain dancing, thats a lot of missing water. :( <br /><br />BTW, Nice pier, cool boat. :cool: :)

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Thanks Rick....that's the northern part of Lake Livingston. (North of Houston)<br /><br />I can't wait to get to use it!!!

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Darth D Invader:<br /> KK, you need to take lessons in rain dancing, thats a lot of missing water. :( <br /><br />BTW, Nice pier, cool boat. :cool: :)
yeah....we need Dallas to flood a couple of times so the trinity river will flow and fill the lake up again :D <br /><br />Granted, I know you don't want DFW to get hammered....I was being selfish :D <br /><br />Thanks!

MRS

Commander

Kel, sweet looking Whaler that is what I am looking for now it will go great with that nice looking dock you built. Enjoy both.....

ndemge

Commander

Can you spray roundup on all the grass?<br /><br />....check to see if the runoff hurts the water first though

Chief101

Chief Petty Officer

So KK, is that entry to the dock a go-no-go guage for poeple riding in your boat? Chief Chief

txswinner

Banned

People on Conroe agree with you, but big lakes appear ok as in Somerville although a bit low. Maybe it will fill again before another Hurricane results in damage to the dam.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Take your weed whacker down there and chop it (the grass) down.

scrapper

Ensign

You should have read the directions .... (1) Build Pier....<br />(2) Add Water... :D :D

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

well we did celebrate at the end of each day's work and filled it up a little bit :D <br /><br />Guess we'll have to celebrate it being finished this weekend to try to raise the level. Couldn't celebrate yesterday when I was finished because I had to drive home...and I don't feel like spending any time in jail! :D

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

Leave the grass.<br /><br />Mother nature'll take care of it for free when the water rises.<br /><br />Nice job!<br /><br /><br />spots

treedancer

Commander

Nice job, I guess I could come there and do a rain dance for you. :D

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Goto add my kudo's to a nice looking job!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Me too Mike....really looks good and ya' built it sturdy. From the pics, looks yours isn't the only dock that's high and dry.

michael-lagrange

Petty Officer 1st Class

While the warer is down build you a fish attractor under it, rock beds, with 2' walls works pretty good, and give the babies a place to hide will also attract the bigger eaters.<br /> <br /> Just a thought.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

I sure envy some of you guys at times. That looks great.<br />There is a special roundup herbicide you can use in this situation, but why bother. Grass is holding all the sand together, and when it fills nature will do it for you.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip