Pics of my new house under construction/UPDATED 03/11/07 new pics

xtraham

Lieutenant
Re: Pics of my new house under construction/UPDATED 03/05/07 new pics

truly a beautiful job and home ken,
all the newer houses around here have 30' pillions drove under the foundation to keep em' from settling.
at least you get to use your boat if ya have to poop, ;)

Kenneth Brown

Captain

All the drywal is hung. The guy doing the tape,bed,texture is working now and he should be through by Friday. I have real mixed feelings at this point. Having never seen the house with drywall some things aren't as I expected them to be. Some rooms seem smaller while others have seen to grown. The upstairs is ho/hum but I love the downstairs, esp the kit/living room. I've been cleaning up the burnpiles, hauling off leftover sheetrock, ran power to the garage and got a plug working for the door(sure is nice not having to manually lift 16 foot of steel and aluminum anymore! ), sighted septic system location, ran all of the electric for the a/c and set his poles with disconnects etc, and returned some of the leftover building supplies. So much for my week off. :(

Anyways--- This is my bedroom wall. Notice that theres 2 wide boxes in the center, top and bottom. Both boxes have 2 power outlets, phone and cable in them. If the TV goes up high I don't have unsightly wires running everywhere. If low same story. The buety of doing your own wiring :)

house077.jpg

This is from about where the entertainement center will sit looking towards where the bar is. The table will go in the area right in front of the bay window.

house080.jpg

And the last pic for tonight, my throne center-

house078.jpg

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Pics of my new house under construction/UPDATED 03/11/07 new pics

Looking good! Getting to the fun, but tedious job of finishing! You are gonna have a beeuuteeful home when you are done!