Pics 1-5 Need to identify Crestliner Aluminum boat

I need help identifying an old Crestliner Aluminum boat. Please see the attached 20 photos in the following 4 posts. I have looked at many pics online and believe this is a 1957 or 1958 Crestliner Commodore, but there is no number plate. It is 14 feet long. There are 3 supports across the middle that I assume were seat mounts, that I attached wood to (on 2 of them). There was something red around some of the rivets on the bottom, that I believe was the original paint. There is an "L" shaped lip on the edge of the front cover that looks like it may have held a windshield, but there are no holes for mounting. There are 2 support brackets on the inside toward the top edge near the rear. Were these for control cables? There is a large circular rust spot on the floor near the front seat brackets. It seeps a little water, but I took it on the lake and it doesn't have any major leaks except for one round hole on the inside of the boat on the other side of the transom. Gonna JB Weld it, as it looks like a hole where a rivet is missing. Can I use styrofoam as a legal replacement for the missing flotation that was probably located under the seats? I paid $150 dollars for this sexy little girl from a metal scrapyard in Toole, Utah. She is a Wyoming girl now.

Attachments

• CRESTLINER01.jpg
    CRESTLINER01.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1
  • CRESTLINER02.jpg
    CRESTLINER02.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 0
  • CRESTLINER03.jpg
    CRESTLINER03.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 0
  • CRESTLINER04.jpg
    CRESTLINER04.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
  • CRESTLINER05.jpg
    CRESTLINER05.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 0
Re: Pics 1-5 Need to identify Crestliner Aluminum boat

CRESTLINER10.jpgCRESTLINER09.jpgCRESTLINER08.jpgCRESTLINER07.jpgCRESTLINER06.jpg
I need help identifying an old Crestliner Aluminum boat. Please see the attached 20 photos in the following 4 posts. I have looked at many pics online and believe this is a 1957 or 1958 Crestliner Commodore, but there is no number plate. It is 14 feet long. There are 3 supports across the middle that I assume were seat mounts, that I attached wood to (on 2 of them). There was something red around some of the rivets on the bottom, that I believe was the original paint. There is an "L" shaped lip on the edge of the front cover that looks like it may have held a windshield, but there are no holes for mounting. There are 2 support brackets on the inside toward the top edge near the rear. Were these for control cables? There is a large circular rust spot on the floor near the front seat brackets. It seeps a little water, but I took it on the lake and it doesn't have any major leaks except for one round hole on the inside of the boat on the other side of the transom. Gonna JB Weld it, as it looks like a hole where a rivet is missing. Can I use styrofoam as a legal replacement for the missing flotation that was probably located under the seats? I paid $150 dollars for this sexy little girl from a metal scrapyard in Toole, Utah. She is a Wyoming girl now.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

No help on IDing but that's a good looking tinny you've got there good score on saving her from the scrap pile. I always liked the details like the raised lettering on the corner caps that seems to lost on newer boats.

Seems like you have most of it figured out but I will say that the holes in the bow trim look a bit close to be for a windshield. My guess would be to mount to the top of a dash panel and the other brackets under there helping to tie it all together. That said I wouldn't rule out a windshield as the holes could of done double duty.

andgott

Master Chief Petty Officer

Nice boat- Good job saving her from the scrap heap, too! I hate to think how many classics have been crushed...

You've probably found this already, but there is some good crestliner info here-

http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Crestliner

though they don't start brochures 'till 1958.

-Andrew

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

Dang ID threads always get me looking at tinnies and sidetracked,

I'm sure you have too but I Googled and found this here. I'd say you have your ID nailed. :D

Add: both pages are at retrocrestliner.

Last edited:

I believe you may have a 1959 commodore. You can go to this link:
http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Crestliner
It has all the old owners manuals and pictures to help you identify it. It has aluminum and fiberglass boats. I am restoring the same boat in Upstate New York. I'm about to look for parts so if I find anything interesting I will let you know. Just painted mine marine green and have a 1961 18.5 hp johnson seahorse which is actually what it original came with. Good luck! Debbie