Photos of my good condition '75 Gypsy 16?

Fisherball

Chief Petty Officer
This may be the wrong forum but it applies. How do I post photos of my '75 Gypsy 16? They wouldn't upload from either my computer or another site I use.

pduquette

Ensign
Re: Photos of my good condition '75 Gypsy 16?

Hi fisherball welcome aboard!! I used the search function in the title bar to get this how to :

---[ iboats Boating Forums>Other>Non-Boating Technical Topics>Posting Photos Step By Step With Instructions ]--

I hope this helps --Sorry i'm not good with the link thingy . Looking forward to seeing some pictures . peter

Last edited:

woosterken

Lieutenant

Fisher,
first welcome to Iboats and the MFG group!
now here ya go.........

1) load your pictures to photobucket.com (it's free)

2) put the cursor over the picture you want,in the drop box that comes down,move the cursor down to "IMG CODE"
left click it,it turns blue.
3)right click (the blue img code) in the drop box,left click COPY.

now you open a post and type your message, ("this is my what ever")hit enter twice it will move the cursor down two lines (like this)

l) at this cursor you right click,in the drop down box left click "PASTE"
it will show the img code from photobucket,with the cursor at the end,hit enter twice. the cursor will move down two lines and you can type more of your post.

when your done just hit submit reply and your picture will be in your post.

shuuu that's a lot of splanin but it is easy after the first or second time you do it. :)

woosterken

woosterken

Lieutenant

by the way here is my '74 gypsy 17'3"loa with 120 hp mercruiser

IM000075.jpg

woosterken

THEPATRIOT

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just picked one up too!Look at my thread "FOR MFG EYES ONLY"!Good luck with yours.:D

oscar77

Recruit

Hey wooster I have the exact same MFG but mine is a 16" and a great shade of ear wax gold. I am running the same 120hp I/O and was wondering what size and pitch prop you are running? I have a 15x17 and seems to be under propped and was thinking of upgrading to a rapture S/S 14 1/8 x 19 any thoughts?

woosterken

Lieutenant

oscar77, here is the numbr on my prop
46 66450 A 17P
I didn't have a tape with me to measure the face

woosterken

oscar77

Recruit

ken,

Plug those numbers in couldn't find nada. I am assuming that 17p is the pitch? I was just curious because you have the same exact setup as me. I have been running a 15x17 and its under propped by about 400-500rpms loosing about 5-6mph top end but it works great for pulling. I have a OG mercruiser manual and it says to run a 14 1/8 x 25 or a 14 18 x 28 both those pitches to me seem way off, guess I will try a 141/2x19 see where that gets me. Oh yeah have any more pics of your MFG that thing looks mint?

Fisherball

Chief Petty Officer

I didn't forget about this, I'm just screwing with Photobucket. My son opened an account 3 years ago with my e-mail. I've cancelled his account (all 3 pix he posted 2/15/06 & hasn't opened since) & will open a new as soon as it's gone from Photobucket.

Woosterken, your boat is beautiful!!! How long have you owned it? Did you have to restore it or was it always that nice? I've had to do no restoration work to mine, just cleaning. Washed it for the first time today. I've owned it since 10/07. I had to change motors & rebuild every part of the trailer. The trailer wasn't for this boat. I had to cut 3' off the frame cuz it was for a much longer boat, redid bunks, cleaned & lubed rollerbunks, replaced keel rollers, lights, added guide posts, remounted winch, moved tower, rebuilt bow stop holding frame, replaced tires, added spare. All that's left is to replace bearings & it'll be like new.

Thepatriot, yours is cool! Mine cost $300.00 & I sold the dead motor from it for parts for $200.00. I love $100.00 boats! I had a '81 Johnson 70 hp that runs great. A little small for my 16' but I have noticed that no one catches fish at 35 mph!!

As soon as I get back on Photobucket I'll post pix!!

woosterken

Lieutenant

Fisher,
sorry I have not got back sooner:(
thatnk you,I got Her in '04
and She is all original!!!!!!
just needed some elbow grease.
for reasons unknown, She rides on a tandem axle trailer.
that is all rollers and has atilt system. here is the oicture on the trailer
with the custom cover i had made for Her.

kralyongypsy.jpg

woosterken

U.S.S. Too Tall

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Fisherball
Correct me if im wrong, but it looks like you have a trailer with a roller, and a bunk. I have a 1979 MFG with a trailer just like that. She has 2, two roller set ups on each side, each pivot, and then a bunk along the rest. For a long time i thought that I had a custom (homemade) trailer. I have not found any info on this Bunk& roller set up. Such as which is better, bunk, roller, or bunk&roller.

woosterken

Lieutenant

U.S.S.TT,

here are some pictures of what my trailer looks like under the boat.

IM000110-1.jpg

IM000108.jpg

IM000112.jpg

IM000113-1.jpg

as you can see my bunks have rollers on them not the flat boards.
then the other one shows there are two rollers under the very back to support the big ole sewing machine :)
and the last one shows a spot lite i put it there so loading at nite it shines down the trailer.
it wired so i just plug it in rather that the trailer lites,the spot has its own plug , and i just have the markers on the truck unlike the backup lites on the truck,they are to high when the trailer is tilted down the ramp, this all way shines down the trailer no matter what angle it is.

hope this is what you were looking for.

woosterken
that picture also shows the tilt lock,but i have never used it

U.S.S. Too Tall

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Woosterken
No, thats not what I was talking about. But I like the roller-bunk. Thats nice! Probly helps un/load so much faster! My set-up looks like this...[
The rollers are 2x2. The rear most and one in front of it, pivot together, then the two front most pivot together, and both front and rear, pivot on the trailer. I think that this works well. The only problem that I have, is that when I am loading, once I get some weight onto the bunks, its "fun" to winch the boat all the way onto the trailer. I have not been able to find anything about this type of trailer. I was just wondering if anyone else has something like it, and what they think about it!!!IMG_4484.jpgIMG_4485.jpgIMG_4486.jpg

U.S.S. Too Tall

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK well, thats not how the pictures posted onto a reply before, but whatever, it works!:)

U.S.S. Too Tall

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK changed that post a few times to make it load a little bit quicker. I did not like the way it was on there the first time...