Photos of boat Cradle?

sailor3X7

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am building a 15' Glen-L design and I am close to painting the hull. I want to get the cradle built so it will be ready when I turn the hull. If anyone has any photos of a cradle that might be helpful in determining how to best build one I would be grateful.<br />Thanks

EZLoader

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Photos of boat Cradle?

I found some good examples on the Glen-L site for you and a good suggestion...build a cradle that can double as a moving aid, having wheels under it.<br /><br />
dsn-mtif.jpg
<br /><br /><br />This is a great slide show of the above cradle design in action:<br /><br /> http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/boatphotos/slideshow?.dir=/c952&.src=ph <br /><br /><br />The commercial example below won't work for you but just for fun check out this boat cradle:<br /><br /> http://www.capsizer.com/capsizer.php <br /><br />
MVC-006S.JPG

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

lol pictures man pictures... I'd love to see the project in build phase

sailor3X7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Very cool EZ.<br />Thanks. I know there are even more photos on the Glen-L site, but for some reason today I was not having much luck turning them up.<br />Wimper, I really do need to load some photos. I'll try to do that soon.

EZLoader

Chief Petty Officer

At first I thought you wanted to see these:<br /><br />
boatcradle.jpg
<br /><br />
boatcradle3.jpg

EZLoader

Chief Petty Officer

Nice Fishing Dan...good job on the cradle. Did you have photos of your finished boat you can show us?

fishingdan

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks EZ.<br /><br />Here is a pic of the finished boat.<br />
pic601f.jpg

sailor3X7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Dan. Great job and I really like the idea of putting the thing on rollers.<br />Great looking finished boat.

fishingdan

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks EZ and Sailor. <br /><br />Absolutely put it on wheels. You'll appreciate the extra working space you will get by moving the boat around.