Pennzoil question

mikecjn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Has anyone used the Pennzoil 'High mileage vehicle' oil?<br />My wife's car ('98 Taurus w/3.0l V6) just hit 100,000 miles and I need to change the oil this weekend. I have been using the regular yellow bottle 5-30 Pennzoil in it. I saw the Pennzoil "high mileage vehicle' oil in the copper colored bottle which says it is recommended for cars over 75,000 miles.<br />Is it much different? I have no oil leaks and I only burn 1/4 to 1/2 qt between each oil change. The car runs great and I would like it to stay that way.<br />Cost wise it isn't really much more. It is $7.50 for the 5qt. container for the reg oil vs. $9.50 for the high milage oil. But if it isn't any different I won't waste the extra $2.00.<br />Any thoughts?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Pennzoil question

I'd stick with What Works.................. ;)

LubeDude

Admiral

Personally I have no use for the high milage oils other than to separate you from your hard earned money. If you have a leak now, fix the leak. They are basically an HDDO, (Heavy Duty Diesel oil) With a mild seal softener. 75,000 miles is nothing for todays vehicles.

Twidget

Commander

I had a '95 Taurus that I gave to my mom when it had 120k miles on it. It now has 135k, doesnt burn any more oil than yours and is using 10w30 Penzoil. <br /><br />That 3.0 is a tough engine. One of the service writers at the local Ford dealership said he had seen them come in with 200k miles and still running strong. :)