Part help

Starboardlean

Seaman
25553B..getting this one dial in. Had point trouble, bought cheap crap point set that wouldn't gap, tried used set, got them to gap. So I ordered New BRP tune up kit. Long story short was cleaning mag plate. Lost screw #8 on magneto diagram.(Long one thru driver coil that secures mag plate down). I guess not available. Anyone scoop on getting one
​​​​​

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Who says it is not available? Part number 0313031. Can't say for 100% sure, but i think it is the same one that was used for over 20 years,

EDIT: Oops, wrong info. that is #7. But I still suspect it is the same as older models. Still checking.

EDIT EDIT: Try 511111 (1976 model)

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
I'm unable to find it either. Did find the part number being 0051111 and found a place that listed it, but NLA

screw.jpg

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Pull out the one from the second coil, and head over to an outboard shop, if there is one; or take it to the hardware store and look for matching diameter, length and threads. It doesn't matter if the replacement is fully threaded.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
'Panic' is more interesting to watch, always entertaining

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Actually, it does matter if it is fully threaded. Those screws are designed to be captive. They screw through the armature plate and out the other side before entering the retaining ring.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
mmm. Compare it -- Buy it -- Try it! (Need to do some more motors, so you have a grab bag of old parts.)