Palm Pilot/PDA suggestions

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer
I posted this in Electronics...but I'm not sure where to post my question. I am looking into getting a PDA. My question is what should I look for, and look against? Any suggestions as to what specific model or brand. I am not looking at spending much more that $125-$150, so please do not recommend any above that. I do appreciate the help and suggestions.<br /><br />Thank you<br />David L. Moore

rogerwa

Commander
Re: Palm Pilot/PDA suggestions

I would ask what you want or need to do with it? specifically around sync capability or e-mail. any network capability, etc..<br /><br />I have a Palm Tungsten C that has built in wifi and a full qwerty keyboard. My main purpose is to synchronize with my Lotus notes Calendar at work but it can do a number of different things. but it has its limitations. So it is real important that you pick one that does what you want well.<br /><br />Add what your Primary needs are and I will try to give you my .02 on it..

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a Palm Tungsten E, don't need wifi. I now have all birthdays, address etc. in one place. And I download docs spreedsheets that I want to study later; and, I have all my boat Id's and o/b motors model-serial #-HP in it. What I really like is as I'm working on a project I can keep notes and parts list.<br /><br />As rogerwa says; determine whats your needs are, then find the model-price that fits. If I bas managing projects again I would not be without one!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I prefer the Redneck Palm Pilot
redneck_palm_pilot.jpg
<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral

Dang it! Ken beat me to it! :p :D

ALAG3

Seaman

now that's funny !!! LMAO! I had a palm pilot, but didn't like it. The main reason what the monthly calendar view was very small and put a dot on the screen indicating something scheduled that day, but you had to click on the day to see what it was. That drove me crazy. I guess I am just used to the month at a glance calendars where I can read everything.