Pa escaped prisoner

FLATHEAD

Captain
Not sure if this is national news, but an illegal alien escaped prison, was up on a murder charge. This guy has been running 13 days and now has a gun. A homeowner shot at him but apparantly missed. The perimeter is about 17 miles from my home. A wee bit unnerving. Story here

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thats international news! I've been reading about this in Canada,since he escaped and was just looking at it on the BBC. Hard to believe you could escape prison by just crab walking up a wall!

aspeck

Staff member
He apparently had help getting out ... have been hoping you keep him east of here ... I would hate to have to start locking doors ...

flashback

Captain
My guess is he will shoot it out. Although a 22 is not what you take to a gun fight. All I can offer is keep your tools close or locked up. Don't want to give him an opportunity to get a more powerful tool..

FLATHEAD

Captain
The footage I’m seeing shows groups of law inforcement walking on open power lines and field edges just peaking into the woods but not entering. I’m seeing a few police dogs but no bloodhounds. The guy hasn’t had a real bath for two weeks. One good blood hound would make short work of the search. After a local sighting a guy on our hunting message board that hunts over there had the police come to the house, search the garage and supposedly searched his woods he has 6 trail cameras in the woods and not a single cop showed up on any of them. Seems the whole thing is being mishandled.

flashback

Captain
The footage I’m seeing shows groups of law inforcement walking on open power lines and field edges just peaking into the woods but not entering. I’m seeing a few police dogs but no bloodhounds. The guy hasn’t had a real bath for two weeks. One good blood hound would make short work of the search. After a local sighting a guy on our hunting message board that hunts over there had the police come to the house, search the garage and supposedly searched his woods he has 6 trail cameras in the woods and not a single cop showed up on any of them. Seems the whole thing is being mishandled.
Are you saying there ain't no streams or rivers around your area? Eric Rudolph lived for 5 years in the forest... this guy in your backyard knows where he lives and will try to get some space but not until he feels secure and move south...

flashback

Captain
And besides, if I were hunting him I would offer the news exactly what you're telling me..:)

FLATHEAD

Captain
Nope this has been a fail from the start, believe me. Plenty of streams and water. You guys are not familiar with hounds and what they can do.
I think they’ll get him eventually. hopefully before someone gets hurt.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Well, if the reward is 20K for just info, how much for a citizen to just take him out?

tpenfield

Staff member
I heard about it, but maybe all the news media is focused on hurricane Lee . . . :unsure:

FLATHEAD

Captain
The piece of trash the moment they got him. Hope the dog gets a pup cup for his trouble.

IMG_5107.jpeg

flashback

Captain
The dog looks like he had a good time..he should get a treat!
When the law posed for a pic I saw a handler toss a treat so the dog would get front row.