Owner's manuals?

mrmamiller

Petty Officer 2nd Class
A friend just bought a used boat with 2002 Mercruiser 3.0 with Alpha One, Gen 2 drive. We have the service manuals (#14 & #26), but we are in need of something a bit more basic, like an owners manual or operators manual. I only know outboards, so this is all new to me. The service manuals assume that you already know quite a bit, which we don't. Is there such a manual out there? We prefer OEM manuals. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: Owner's manuals?

A friend just bought a used boat with 2002 Mercruiser 3.0 with Alpha One, Gen 2 drive. We have the service manuals (#14 & #26), but we are in need of something a bit more basic, like an owners manual or operators manual. I only know outboards, so this is all new to me. The service manuals assume that you already know quite a bit, which we don't. Is there such a manual out there? We prefer OEM manuals. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Do you happen to have the engine serial number handy? With that # I might be able to find you an owners manual part number from Mercruiser.:)

mrmamiller

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Fun Times, out of town for 2 days and don't have info handy. I'll be back later.

mrmamiller

Petty Officer 2nd Class

FT, per above, engine serial number is 0M338719, outdrive serial is 0M414027.

Thanks

Fun Times

Staff member

FT, per above, engine serial number is 0M338719, outdrive serial is 0M414027.

Thanks
Here is your Mercruiser owners manual part number 90-860171023 has superseded to 90-860171030 Owners manual. Item currently is out of stock at all Mercury warehouses. MSRP: $26.95

The manual before the above part number that would work was 90-860168990 OWNERS MANUAL (2000/2001) and it is in stock or google the part number if you like.

Last edited:

mrmamiller

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, I found my owner's manual. Found it in stock at Miamimarina.com. Ordered it. Got a phone call back, there will be a several day delay, it will ship in a few days. That was 3 1/2 weeks ago. Called today, manual is still in Fond du Lac (Merc). I may have it in several more weeks. I'll probably never see it and am considering contacting my credit card company. Just remember who I ordered it through, should you ever visit their site. There's a reason why my order # was just barely into the "thousands". I'm giving up on an owner's manual.

belairbrian

Petty Officer 1st Class

Post this in the mercury engines forum. member carholme should see it and point you in the right direction