Outrover Planers

markernineteen

Seaman Apprentice
Has anyone tried the Outrover planers ? My boat is too small for outriggers so
I'm limited to two lines when I troll . Four lines work with my boat when it's smooth , but when it chops up everything tangles . I've thought about trying Yellowbird sideplaners , but these on the line planers look like a lot less trouble on a small boat . Or does anyone have other ideas ? THANKS

thurps

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Outrover Planers

How big is your boat and what are you trolling for?

markernineteen

Seaman Apprentice

17 feet , Kingfish , Dolphin always wishing for a Wahoo but it never happens I limit myself to about 30 miles out so it's not blue enough for them . Basically northern gulf of mexico stuff , whatever will bite . I don't eat kings but they are fun to catch . Like I said I'm fine with four lines until it chops up a little .

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Ever consider running planer boards?

I use a set of triple boards when Stiper fishing. Run 6 lines of each board. They handle the chop better than I do anymore.

markernineteen

Seaman Apprentice

That sounds good but I'm not familiar with planer boards where can I get them and learn how to rig them ?

Wild Bouy

Cadet

I've used the outrovers a few times on a friend of mines boat and they are perfect for a smaller boat.

brewmister

Seaman Apprentice

I have a 25' Open fish and I was going to buy outriggers for it but I ran across the Out Rovers at a marine flea market and bought a set. I been using them for about 4 years and even bought a second set and drag all 4 at the same time. I have caught Dolphin, tuna, kingfish and sailfish.
They saved me about $800 on riggers.