Outboard swap cost

samagy16

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Guys,

I am considering swapping out my dual Yamaha outboards for bigger (added HP) Yamahas.:D

I have never priced something like this before and don't know what to budget for. :confused:

I am looking for approximate costs as I won't know exact costs until I actually get real quotes when I am ready to do the job.:eek:

What I intend to have done is;

Have my present (perfect working order on boat) outboards 115HP taken out and the new ones:D (225HP):D installed so they are ready for the water.

I don't expect to need gauges or any of that (that I know of ) rigged as I will very likely replace Yamaha with Yamaha of similar years. (I could be wrong and let me know if I am)

My question is for the labor not motors or parts.

Thank you to those that chime in on this thread.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Outboard swap cost

hey bud.....good question........im going to ask that this thread be moved to the ob forum....

we have really good people that monitor that forum and (depending on your area....ie...it costs more in canada than in the costal us regions) can give fairly accurate estimates.

cheers
oops

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

He's in S. Fla.
Boat is rated for 500 HP
The new Yammys are 4-strokes.
225's = 17K each
250's = 18.5K each (use of Command Link Digital Controls is required)

Prices are from here at iboats. MSRP's are from 22-23K :eek:

I'd make a dealer eat the rigging costs. Times are tough......and there are plenty of dealers in S.Fla.....

samagy16

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You are right tx1961, I'm is S. Florida.

My boat is actually rated for 450HP.

I am looking at used and figuring with the sale of mine (twin 115 hp) it would minimize my out of pocket costs.

I am always looking and I am convinced that I would be able to get my hands on a pair of 225 Yammys of similar year and reasonable hours when the time comes.

Under no circumstances would I buy two new Yammies @ 17k each or more :eek: that would be crazy. It would be nice to know you have warranty and a brand new engine, but not for 35k. I am estimating an out of pocket of between 6 to 8 k hopefully to get back on the water with dual 225s.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

I'm not stalking you or anything. Your boat type and location were in a previous thread....:)