Operation...Oh Good Lord

Bco128

Petty Officer 1st Class
Howdy all<br /> have been having bad trouble with outboard so decided to give it a bit of a rest and start working on the rest of the boat for awhile.the boat is a late 70's model procraft 1640 bass boat currently with a 85hp force.plan on doing a new floor paint and replace transom.as well as repairing all those annoying little accessory holes drilled by previous owners.have worked with sheet metal and some glass so i feel confident ill be able to handle this job.will post some pics when i have them.wish me luck...

D

DJ

Re: Operation...Oh Good Lord

Bco,<br /><br />A word of caution.<br /><br />Don't coat the floor top unless you're confident it's solid underneath!

Bco128

Petty Officer 1st Class

i can only guess that you are cautioning me by way of experience? i am also guessing you are speaking of glassing in the floor?not glassed in now to my knowledge.just pulled motor last night.will pull the deck tomorrow.but from what i can tell with no carpet is that the glassing is a part of the deck itself and not attached to the false floor..i could be wrong about this.i will take some pics tomorrow before i pull the deck so everyone can see what i am working on.the biggest concern i have at the moment is the transom.the glass is cracked pretty bad of both sides.wood is in poor condition.have some ideas but will post them a bit later on in the project.when i get to that part of it.thanks for the tip and if you happen to think of anymore i would be glad to read them.prefer to do this right this time so i can play for many a year.

Bco128

Petty Officer 1st Class

quick update have noticed that floor is rivited to the deck and glassed together at the seams.looks like fun.also have some sort of epoxy cold weld running along the seam of the deck and the hull some down sides mostly around the stern.nothing on the bow.not sure how to seperate without cracking the deck.took some pics today but unable to post them yet.i dont have a digital camera so ill have to have them developed and put on a disk.any ideas on how to seperate the deck would be appreciated.i have drilled out the rivits, and i am thinking of using a cut off tool to help seperate the floor but looking for a better solution for the deck to hull seam.