One more wiring question

Pbguy420

Cadet
Ok I got a three pin nav light with a white courtesy light... I've got two wires pos and grd running to the bow. When I connect the blue and grey from the base to the grey pos from the nav switch I get full functionality of the the white court light(it has an on off switch on the light. The instructions say to connect the blue wire straight to my court lights tho. Do I need to do it this way for any reason? Or will just splicing both together to my single pos nav light be ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: One more wiring question

How about showing us a picture of this light. Normally you do not have a white light and nav light in the same proximity as it would confuse those trying to figure out which way you are going. The courtesy light and its separate switch needs to be powered separately from the NAV light so NO -- you do not tie the two together. You could, but the concept seems very wrong considering the navigation issue.

Pbguy420

Cadet
Re: One more wiring question

ill put a pic up later. the white light is shielded and only sends a light glow down on the deck and will not be visible to other boaters. it would be fine on the same wire now that ive looked at it but the problem is that it wouldnt be dimmable which i set my court lights to be so ill add it to that circuit anyways thanks tho.... ill still post that pic later it seems pretty usefull for pretty cheap