OMG!!!! Talk about scarey......

North Beach

Commander
So I get a call at work on Thursday from my new live in girlfriend and she says "Clay I tore up your Volkswagon Jetta"! Of course my first response was are you OK? She says she's OK so I ask her what happened. She then says the words no one wants to hear. I ran outside in the driveway and started the car to warm it up and forgot to set the park break. The next thing she knows, the car rolls down the driveway and t bones the Liquid Limo.....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: OMG!!!! Talk about scarey......

OH NO! :eek::faint2:

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

hopefully the trailer took most of it!!!

good luck

bob

64osby

Admiral

So that was Thursday..... damage report. Hopefully good news.

Have you just spent 3 days in jail for breaking every traffic law known to man racing home?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

So that was Thursday..... damage report. Hopefully good news.

Have you just spent 3 days in jail for breaking every traffic law known to man racing home?

No, I think NB just came to and picked himself off the floor.

Last edited:

STARCRAFT16SS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Big ouch...2fer...car and boat...feel for you..glad its not me...:facepalm::faint2::sorry:

Jim Hawkins

Chief Petty Officer

So I get a call at work on Thursday from my new live in girlfriend and she says "Clay I tore up your Volkswagon Jetta"! Of course my first response was are you OK? She says she's OK so I ask her what happened. She then says the words no one wants to hear. I ran outside in the driveway and started the car to warm it up and forgot to set the park break. The next thing she knows, the car rolls down the driveway and t bones the Liquid Limo.....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I can't put my finger on it but there is something very disturbing about this story. Call me suspicious but I'm wondering if the New girlfriend has some sorta hateful, jealous feelings toward your boat. Not sure I'd leave the two alone together. She mentioned damage to the VW as if it was important and secondly mentioned the boat as if it was inconsequential. Maybe I'm off base here but, I dunno...

SigSaurP229

Commander

OH GOD forget the jetta how is the limo?

I honestly think he is looking for an excavator to hide the body.

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander

I can't put my finger on it but there is something very disturbing about this story. Call me suspicious but I'm wondering if the New girlfriend has some sorta hateful, jealous feelings toward your boat. Not sure I'd leave the two alone together. She mentioned damage to the VW as if it was important and secondly mentioned the boat as if it was inconsequential. Maybe I'm off base here but, I dunno...

Wouldn't the parking break already have been set when she started the car??? Either way hope the trailer and not the boat took the hit!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Not to make light of the situation NB, but that ^^^ right there is funny, I don't care who you are
rofl.gif

Now to the important matter at hand, did ya need an AED when you got home, or not?

Since it's been 4 days since the 'incident', isn't April 1st, and it's been @ 2hrs since 1st reporting the incident, what's our status at this time?

3 tinnies, and a glasser have all crawled further into their boat covers fearing the worst out this way... (the glasser didn't know why, but the other boats were, so thought it best to as well)

EDIT: Or in a similar vein to Jim's suppositions: Are you still helping her pack?

SigSaurP229

Commander

Not to make light of the situation NB, but that ^^^ right there is funny, I don't care who you are
rofl.gif

Now to the important matter at hand, did ya need an AED when you got home, or not?

Since it's been 4 days since the 'incident', isn't April 1st, and it's been @ 2hrs since 1st reporting the incident, what's our status at this time?

3 tinnies, and a glasser have all crawled further into their boat covers fearing the worst out this way... (the glasser didn't know why, but the other boats were, so thought it best to as well)

EDIT: Or in a similar vein to Jim's suppositions: Are you still helping her pack?

Jb I know what you are thinking there but your statement is wrong man,

Most glassers don't have covers :lol:

nor could they even look at the Limo without rotting away.

Gibbles

Lieutenant Commander

:eek:

He is prob in jail after she "fell down a set of stairs".

Summer is just starting, she can't just move in and the first order of business is to wreck the boat!

dozerII

Admiral

This is not good, not hearing from him could be bad!!!, Hope the damage is minimal in all concerns.

Alwhite00

Master Chief Petty Officer

Not true without pics... :)

LK

North Beach

Commander

Sorry for the suspense folks but now that I'm a workin man sleep just happens:joyous: So there is extensive Damage to the VW. Lost the bumper, corner light, Intercooler for the turbo, Intercooler duct, etc....

And one marker light on the trailer..... not a frikkin scratch on the boat!!!!! Honestly, I cant believe it. That galvanized trailer wrecked the heck out of the car and she managed to not touch the boat.

dozerII

Admiral

Now that right there is great news, can fix a car but the boat!!!:whoo:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Jetta's are fixable (just very expensive). The LL is a one of a kind and if that would have caved in:eek::eek::blue:

So, I kinda think good news overall eh!

North Beach

Commander

Yes Good News! And she's already ordered the parts for the car....

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Sorry for the suspense folks but now that I'm a workin man sleep just happens:joyous: So there is extensive Damage to the VW. Lost the bumper, corner light, Intercooler for the turbo, Intercooler duct, etc....

And one marker light on the trailer..... not a frikkin scratch on the boat!!!!! Honestly, I cant believe it. That galvanized trailer wrecked the heck out of the car and she managed to not touch the boat.

Thank goodness the your lady & the LL made it out unscathed! The mental images created by a car slamming into a restored tinny are almost unthinkable!

Jim Hawkins

Chief Petty Officer

A failed attempt? Call me cautious, but I'd watch her, watch her close...