OMC Throttle Control is not straight up. How do I adjust?

Acheron2010

Cadet
The pic is the OMC throttle control on a 1987 Wahoo 16.2 with an 1982 Johnson 75. I replaced the entire lower end unit with another, and testing it in my driveway, discover my neutral throttle position is as shown - about 10 o'clock as you look at it.
I see cable adjusters on the side of the engine - can I use these to move the lever to 12 o'clock, or is this the default position for these OMC controllers, or ?
P1090378.JPG

1983 ercoa 21'

Chief Petty Officer
Un bolt it from side and you will find a Allen headed bolt going through the center take it out the the handle will come off with a little help then you can time it where you want it. Also make sure you time the neutral lock plate so it works also

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Ummm, you changed out the lower unit and now the throttle is in a different spot?? If that's the case, you've got other issues than the control handle being in a different spot. Sounds like you have either the wrong shift rod in the lower unit or it is out of adjustment. I would fix that issue rather than trying to adjust the control handle.

1983 ercoa 21'

Chief Petty Officer
I agree with chinewalker if I had of read the entire post like I should have . My apologies for the mid guidance.