OMC parts news

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Continue to support iboats by buying your parts here, but when you run across the need for something they don't carry, you can now order genuine OMC parts directly from BRP, back through 1968.
"http://shop.evinrude.com/" without the quotation marks.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: ONC parts news

thanks, Frank.

OEM manuals for 1997-2008 are there also. as outboardbooks does not have them.

shipping not bad, but dealer sells for same price w/o shipping.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

One has to weigh the cost of shipping against the cost of going to the dealer with gas over $3. In my case it's 10 miles each way and I usually have to go once to order and again to pick up the parts when they come in. Then there's the 3rd trip to get the back-ordered items.

tashasdaddy

yes that is always the case. but for me i'm lucky, i call my dealer, he orders, calls me when it is in, and i go pay and pick up. old customer service.

Harker

Chief Petty Officer
Re: OMC parts news

Patiently waiting for my new head gasket from iboats.

patrick4266

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for the site its a great help but I cannot figure out how to find a carb kit for my 1972 85 hp rude.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

When you look at your carburetor diagram, it is the last item in the parts list- #45. Edit I guess that needs work!
icon9.gif

They do have the same kit listed in the 1976 85HP Evinrude carburetor list and it does work there.

tashasdaddy

Patrick is shows carb kit for 72 85 hp to be part # 383906.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

I think that Patrick found what I found; It does not work and I am sure the price is not $1.00. That is why I suggested that he use the 1976 Evinrude listing where it does work for the same part number and the price is listed correctly.

Harker

Chief Petty Officer

How do you use that? I go to parts and that is as far as it will go. Can't get a catalog to come up or a thing to put the number in and go.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Works for me. Click on Electronic Parts Catalog at the upper right of the page. You will then have to go through several pages to click on the year you want, horsepower, model number, then parts group pages.

tashasdaddy

talked with the Bombardier Rep. here today. he said the way it is set up, is that the closest dealer to you, with the part, will be the shipper. so we are not leaving the dealers that stock parts out.

tashasdaddy

it may not be your local dealer, it will be the closest active dealer, that has the part in stock.