OMC controls - going crazy

bouttime007

Chief Petty Officer
Not sure if this is the spot to post this, but Im not sure of my own sanity at this point.

Im trying to locate a plastic gear/dog to replace in my OMC controls, but Im not sure what part # or the name of said part. My controls are single lever circa 1984 with the 2 cables and no trim. (I can post a pic if needed) Ive been looking for a parts list or exploded diagram of controls, but Im not having much luck. The ones I find are so tiny I cant really see what is written on them and Im losing my mind trying to figure this out. :confused:

The plastic "dog" Im looking for is the one that meshes with the shift lock out dog. The one that this one meshes with... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0529291891&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Thanks for any replies.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral
Re: OMC controls - going crazy

Go to shop2.evinrude.com . On the pull down, instead of choosing Johnson or Evinrude, choose OB Accessories. Go to 1984, then Remote Controls. There are diagrams and part numbers there.

bouttime007

Chief Petty Officer

Hey thanks for the reply TX.

I was there at that site before because I saw you mention it to someone else. What I didnt notice was the little magnifying glass with the plus sign in it.....

Ok, so Im pretty sure the part Im looking for is the Throttle Cam & Arm Assembly, part # 0173478. I think... A hundred freakin bucks too.... Sheesh!

bouttime007

Chief Petty Officer

Check that, its not the right part.

Cant even find my controls on their list, whats up with that?

bouttime007

Chief Petty Officer

I think I have it sorted out now.

What a PITA!