Older Boat Parts?

Wellcraft170

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Anyone know where I can find old boat accessories/parts? I have a 90’ chaparral 2050sl.. need 2 new vents/louvered vents for the back and I can’t find anything even close to ones I have. They’re not square or rectangle shaped, they’re more of angled triangle type shape

jkust

Rear Admiral
Even a five year old boat can have parts that are near impossible to locate. One of the downsides to holding onto a boat is by the time it needs non-engine parts, they can be extremely frustrating and challenging to locate. A 90 Chap is almost ancient at this point and you will need to keep an eye out on ebay. Of course people get to the point where they have to have parts custom made. Locating a donor parts boat is also a possibility and I bet actually easier than locating just the louvers. My 02 Chap was produced from 2001 up to 2008 in its identical form as Chap had a habit of making the same boat for a long time in the 2000's and even parts for mine are very far and few. Cecils marine is the gold standard for Chap parts but don't think you will have much luck going back to what you need. Be happy you don't need a windshield.

Wellcraft170

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Even a five year old boat can have parts that are near impossible to locate. One of the downsides to holding onto a boat is by the time it needs non-engine parts, they can be extremely frustrating and challenging to locate. A 90 Chap is almost ancient at this point and you will need to keep an eye out on ebay. Of course people get to the point where they have to have parts custom made. Locating a donor parts boat is also a possibility and I bet actually easier than locating just the louvers. My 02 Chap was produced from 2001 up to 2008 in its identical form as Chap had a habit of making the same boat for a long time in the 2000's and even parts for mine are very far and few. Cecils marine is the gold standard for Chap parts but don't think you will have much luck going back to what you need. Be happy you don't need a windshield.

Thanks for the quick response.. that sucks 😒😒🤣

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I don't know about Chap parts, but sometimes Great Lakes Skipper has stuff that fits older boats. It's worth a look...

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
ebay, Great Lakes Skipper (Kendor Marine) has a site. similar to Dons Surplus and Marine Surplus down here.

However if they are non-standard, you may have to get creative.

My louvers on my boat are Attwoods, http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/category/ventilation/vents

you may be able to find something on their sight....however they are FUgly as heck. (I will be replacing mine)

if they are a simple grate, find a local laser shop that can laser out some 316 stainless and have them clone the ones you have.