Old topic. I've searched. No model # on the disc.

rebuilt

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm familiar with INTRODUCES. Familiar with how to identify by model #. This block, and it's only a block, only has a string of numbers under the stamped circled M on the little silver disc. Looks like a freeze plug. Some call it a welch plug. C2832834. Not the familiar J88TSLEOC. Right now I'm guessing it's a Canadian engine. I bought it with warranty. It's supposed to be the engine I just put the model # up for. But unless he got that number off the transom mount, I see no other way to identify it. I can't find a part # anywhere on it that BRP search engine recognizes. Any help is appreciated.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Post pictures of your engine and decals on the cowling.----It is Not a frost plug.----I do believe there is a 6 digit casting number on that block.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
The circled M is OMC's trademark. The number is a serial number, not a model number. And yes "C" means it was made in Canada.

I find it is odd that a serial number appears on a bare block, as you seem to be saying.

rebuilt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Racerone, there is no cowling. This is the bare block I just bought today with warranty. I'll include pics. There is a 6 digit #. It looks just like a BRP #. I've included it. 329819 But BRP parts search doesn't recognize it. There is another 5 digit # that looks like a date. 919 94 I've also included it. I'm guessing that one is a casting date. 9th of Sep. '94 That would make sense, this is supposed to be a '95 88hp block. Part # 0431659 according to BRP fiche. Used on many motors. I've included a pic of the silver welch plug. No model #. I'm trying to double make sure before I spend to have it measured. It really surprised me that the welch plug had no model #. I was counting on it.

Attachments

• IMG-2277.jpg
    IMG-2277.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG-2278.jpg
    IMG-2278.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG-2279.jpg
    IMG-2279.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG-2280.jpg
    IMG-2280.jpg