Old 90 hp powerhead rebuild

Droll

Chief Petty Officer
I plan to rebuild my old Johnson 90 , but having truble finding parts .<br />I need 2 good rods Part nr 378260 or 385662 or ??<br />(casting number on my old 308251 ) <br />Anyone know were I can find them , and maybe other hardtofind parts ,whitout paying their weight in gold :) . <br />All help will be Helpful .<br />Thanks

JG18

Cadet
Re: Old 90 hp powerhead rebuild

Droll,<br />I don't know if ya'll have Napa in Norway but, if you do they seem to have a good parts selection for older motors. <br /><br />I have a 64 evinrude and Napa has got parts for me<br /><br />Good luck :D

Droll

Chief Petty Officer

We do not have Napa in Norway , they got their parts from Sierra ?? .<br />We got a Sierra distributor but ..<br />They got parts like , gaskets, impellers,bearings,..., no hardware :) ,not for my engine .

Paul Moir

Admiral

The only suggestion I can make is to try to find an outboard graveyard. I needed rods for my rebuild on a johnson 28, and the only place I could find them was on a old parts engine they let go for $70. Brand new ignition and an electric starter to boot. :) <br />There are a couple of them on the web, like these and Twin City outboards that you can just get the rods from.<br />Fortunetly, those rod bearing surfaces are chromed, so they don't wear out too much.<br />Napa carries the Sierra parts line.<br />Good luck!

Droll

Chief Petty Officer

Well ,I can get my hand of some rods , got feedback from 1 shop.<br />New rod $125<br />Used $60<br />Anyone else ?, any old shops ....some dusty old rods , I can clean them :)