Oil Injection issue/water seperator?

1996 Mercury 40HP 4cyl 2-stroke im disconnecting the oil injection. What should i do with the pump? Just plug the lines off or should i loop it back into itself? or something else? Im mixing my gas in the tank due to not trusting the oil injection after watching a friend burn up his due to bad pump. Im also adding a water seperator and someone told me this can effect the mix due to filter "straining" oil from fuel anyone heard of this?

section8

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Oil Injection issue/water seperator?

someone makes a plug thing to replace the oil pump. it was in a post from 2003. i was disconnecting mine today. heres how. you cant feed it back to itself cuz its pressurized. im feeding mine into a empty 1 gal bottle of west marine oil with a hose through the cap under the transom storage area. after a day out you just pour it back in the reservoir. go to auto store and get 2 feet of 1/4 inner diameter fuel line to replace the 2 peices with the t in it for oil and thats that. no oil alarm issues or anything.

Dreworr123

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Oil Injection issue/water seperator?

Mercury's water separating fuel filters will not effect the fuel/oil ratio at all. I believe it even says so on the package