Oil Filter Problem

rwise

Captain
Re: Oil Filter Problem

But you would not want them to be un-insured and cheap if they dropped a limb on your home!

How did the engine work out, reliable, etc?

The old saying "If you want something done right,,Do it yourself" I believe in this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at least until you body says differently :D

I can relate to that, and my kids dont work on vehicles :( now my grand girls seam to be interested in mechanical things ;) maybe in a few more years they'll be fixin my car/s and boat/s :cool:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Oil Filter Problem

How did the engine work out, reliable, etc?

:cool:

This will be the 8th season on this motor. It was a re-manufactured one, but it has done very well. I change the oil every spring before launch. The oil still looks clean and new like the day I poured it in. I do admit that in these past 7 seasons, I still have less than 100 hours on the engine. My boat is a snail with all the load it carries. The 350 Chevy just doesn't have the hp to pop on plane with the load. With 2 people, 1/4 tank of fuel, and the cabin empty, no supplies, the boat will get up on plane only then. I've talked to others that have owned Victoria's and they say the same thing about them being underpowered.

I like taking it slow, the world is moving way too fast anymore as it seems. Speed is not a big thing for me :D