oil &crap fouling plugs

my new fishmaster

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yeah its a force engine done the powertune but still gets fouled up to much. I am thinking my ignition might be the cluprit. What do you think a Stator or trigger. What does a bad one look like and how easy does the flywheel come off.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: oil &crap fouling plugs

MNF, you really can't tell much by appearances there. Of course, melted plastic around the coils is a sign of overheated windings, but an ohmeter would be a quick/dirty meathod of checking the windings of both stator and triggers.<br />I would take a look at the fuel tanks,and the oil you are using. Plugs on most outboards only last for 60-80 hours at best,so it just might be "due".<br />I do not know why this is ,nor can I begin to explain the chemical processes if there ARE any---But I've found decarbing does something to plugs,that causes them to fail sooner. I just normally change-out my plugs after decarbing,even tho I can't do it every time (I decarb after every other trip due to mostly idle zone operations where I live).<br />If the tank(s) haven't been dried and cleaned this season, it would be the second thing I would do. The fuel tank will steadily evaporate gas,but not oil. End-result over time, is that the oil concentrations in the tanks goes way up (instead of 50:1, it becomes 25:1,)and the smoke from the motor will be a dead giveaway.<br /><br />Thirdly, switch oil brands to Wallmart TECH2000, Quicksilver Premium Blend, or Yamalube, to see if fouling decreases.