Northeast iboats members get together !

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefalen

Captain
Them boys in the south do it, how about we show em how we do it here in the north?

We have water, we have space, and we welcome everyone from Canada also.

Who's gonna chime in ??

Pony

Rear Admiral
Re: Northeast iboats members get together !

Them boys in the south do it, how about we show em how we do it here in the north?

We have water, we have space, and we welcome everyone from Canada also.

Who's gonna chime in ??

The Wisconsin get together has been very successful. I have yet to make it due to conflicting schedules, but from what has been posted it had been a good event.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Dudes......why you got to try and steal our thunder........I mean thunder stealing is not cool........Its not like there is a ton of thunder to go around......Why should those of us who work so hard to have thunder have to spread it around to others who dont work for their thunder.........I mean what the heck, I cant argree with this thunder distrabution garbage..........:D

gonfishn

Commander

Whoa Mike. You were not even around when Spinner and I had the first roundo Seems like your the copy cat. I think there has been 5 or 6 since then.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I think being a copy cat is just a form a paying a compliment. :D

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Besides, I was talking about yankee thunderstealers......Spinner was no Yank......So I think Im in the clear here.......

gonfishn

Commander

lol..No matter what when a roundo happens it all fun. Alot of stories(lies) are brought back. Did I ever tell ya about the time Bubbakat lost his glass eye while we were fishn and my net caught it. oppssss...

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

See thats what I mean.......There are people here who I have never met in person and yet they have been importiant in my life............Strange world we live in.

zach103

Commander

i say we meet in ct :)

aspeck

Staff member

Central PA sounds good for a Get-together ... 30 mile long lake (Raystown), camping, motels ... It could be do-able

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Sorry Art.......your allready penciled in for the Fl. gathering........:)

chiefalen

Captain

Hmmm:Conneticut sounds nice, lake is nice, but how about all of greater NY harbor, with the splendor of the Statue of liberty, All of NY city as a backdrop, and the very best fishing on the Eastern Seaboard, as a place to play.

Coney Island visible, across the "Hook" Naval Station Earl where there is always a giant battle ship or 2, and the Sandy hook as your drift spot. The "rip" world famous for Flatties and strippers.
Famous Fort Hancock and the beach's of the Entire Jersey shore, to fish.

Feel like a Canyon run for tuna, billfish and shark, around the bend is the Atlantic and Europe across the pond.
World renown Six Flags is not far. For the kiddies to enjoy.

Keyport with it's many ramps and parking, or we can launch at a brand new municipal ramp at Sayerville, located on the largest tributary in NJ. The Raritain river. That passes under Route 9 and the Garden State pky, and a old style rotary railroad bridge.

The river empty's into the Raritain bay, where The OuterBridge is visible on the left. We call it the back bay. Then you travel down the length of Staten Island, And to the left is the Verazzano Narrows Bridge. Across the bay is the Atlantic highlands,and beyond the open sea.

Framed under the bridge and 8-9 miles thru the Battery is the Greater NY harbor, and the Statue of Liberty in all her splendor.

Past the ole girl shining her light, is the Island of Manhatten And the Mighty Hudson river. And of course in recent news, the plane that came down in the Hudson, and our hero's on the ferry boats, and the grand ole Intrepid Aircraft carrier, sitting proudly.

Instead of turning port past the 3 historic lighthouses, you would be passing over some great fishing. To the right is NJ. And the "hook".

And would the ladies object to a day of shopping on 5th avenue while we partook of the bounty of the seas. Or the ladies enjoying a day on the beach, or six Flags.
Nice reasonable hotels are central to Six Flags and the ramps, with the ramps oh a half hour away, and Six flags 10 minutes away.

This is my offering for a get together.

Does it beat a beer and a hotdog in Florida ?

gonfishn

Commander

I would take a seat around a campfire any night at any place. Sight seeing leaves you less time to visit those who come. Most of my roundos have been a couple hours fishn and many hours just sitting down around a fire and enjoying some storys of long time past.

arks

Lieutenant Commander

I go to NYC for work every so often, and- with no disrespect to Chief- that's the LAST place I'll go for an iboats rendevous. While the boating might be OK, I hate that whole area- it's way too busy and from my experience most of the locals are complete jacka***s. The people seem to mellow out farther south, like below the Toms River area.

How 'bout something real soon- like the Atlantic City International Powerboat Show? This year it runs from 2/4 thru 2/8. I'm planning to be there on Sat. 2/7 from 11AM 'til maybe 4PM.
Anyone else up for a face-to-face at the convention center? Nothing special, just a quick HELLO and maybe check out some of the boats. I usually catch lunch at the pizza joint across the street from the main entrance.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

No one in their right mind would want to go to New Jersey for a vacation....... :p

mthieme

Captain

LOL.

Raystown Lake is a good spot.
I'm on the Chesapeake. We have seafood here.
Although I have no clue if MD is south or north.

aspeck

Staff member

New Jersey, the arm pit of the nation! :p Just kidding, all my friends from New Jersey.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

No one in their right mind would want to go to New Jersey for a vacation....... :p

Why does NJ have all the toxic waste dumps and CA all the lawyers ...... oh NJ got first choice :p

mthieme

Captain

Although a little far for me, NJ has some really beautiful finger lakes to the north.

chiefalen

Captain

Atlantic city sounds good, could meet at the buffet and shoot the bull. Every body got to eat at sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.