NOOB - pee-hole eh ?

meangene21

Cadet
Okay okay...i know what everyone is thinking, but i have a question about this "pee-hole". As it states in the title i am a NOOB, so be gentle. Could some explain this pee-whole to me? like where is it? whats its purpose? and if its what i think it is, should water be pooring out of it with the ear muffs and water on while the motor is running?

OperativeK

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: NOOB - pee-hole eh ?

It is the indicator that your impeller is producing enough cooling power for your motor. They are all in different locations on the motor head depending on year and make.<br /><br />Yes water should be coming out even with the ear muffs on. If it isn't then you need to get an impeller kit and replace it. This will include removing your lower unit.

PierBridge

Chief Petty Officer

It depends......<br /><br />The type and year of motor you have would be helpfull.

meangene21

Cadet

Sorry guys, ive been trying to locate a repair manuel for this motor. It is a 1987 Us Mariner 85hp and its an outboard. I am guessing i need a new impeller kit since i dont see any water coming out of anywhere...

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

Run it for 2-3 minutes (No longer) This will give it time to fill the water jackets and start coming out. It nothing after that, The tube may be blocked (Push a length of edge trimmer line into the hole) no water ?? then the impeller needs replacement.

laker925

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Use compressed air to blow through the pee hole and clear any crud out of it.