No start, big backfire

pajamas

Recruit
Hey guys need some help, had a bunch of issues with my boat last year. For one the My gimble housing came loose I was taking on some water couldn't figure out where it came from, at the same time electrolysis ate a hole through my fuel tank so they mixed. I pumped some salt water up to the Holly. And. Ended up taking the holley apart cleaned it all out put new parts in it put it back on now the boat will not start. It just backfires. I am spraying ether right into the carb no dice. I just put a new starter on it because it seemed like it wasn't spinning fast enough no help. I'm kind of baffled at this point. Check the timing and we are getting good spark It just won't fire appreciate any help ty.

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member
Hey guys need some help, had a bunch of issues with my boat last year. For one the My gimble housing came loose I was taking on some water couldn't figure out where it came from, at the same time electrolysis ate a hole through my fuel tank so they mixed. I pumped some salt water up to the Holly. And. Ended up taking the holley apart cleaned it all out put new parts in it put it back on now the boat will not start. It just backfires. I am spraying ether right into the carb no dice. I just put a new starter on it because it seemed like it wasn't spinning fast enough no help. I'm kind of baffled at this point. Check the timing and we are getting good spark It just won't fire appreciate any help ty.
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,.... Whatcha workin' on,..??