No sparking v4

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
i have also used the impact gun on high and some common sense to lock the nut in place.
I would say that using an Impact Gun in place of a Torque Wrench is not Common Sense, especially on a Tapered Fit. Overtightening will Ruin the Flywheel

stresspoint

Ensign
I would say that using an Impact Gun in place of a Torque Wrench is not Common Sense, especially on a Tapered Fit. Overtightening will Ruin the Flywheel
ha ha , yea , however i have been tightening nuts and bolts for 50 years , so i know common sense when using the rattle gun even on such a technical thing like an on a old Johnno motor flywheel :eek:.

saltchuckmatt

Lieutenant Commander
I believe it's okay to use a rattle gun to remove the nut but reinstalling that is one of the nuts that I always use a torque wrench on.

My fingers hand and wrist all work with many many bolts just fine but any major nut or bolt that should be torqued by torque. And the main reason why is because it's easy. Anybody that's in that much of a rush shouldn't be doing mechanical work.

No disrespect intended.

Matt

havoc_squad

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Lisle flywheel turner and a 2ft 3/4 inch gas pipe at a hardware store works wonders to create a strong flywheel holding fixture.

The cushion grip creates plenty enough friction to keep it in the pipe.

1715225443385.png