no power to engine

honda400ex2003

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey everyone, Im new here so first off hello. This looks like a great site! I have a hurricane fun deck that i am having some issues with. I was on the lake messing with it to get it to start shooting water out again since it had got clogged up a bit from some weeds to help explain how this happened. I would trim it up and drive around for a few minutes, then look for water, shut it off, blow out the hole and repeat. I had quite a bit of water coming out but i wanted to check it one more time so i shut it down to blow it out again. While this last time left me stranded. I have no beep from the dash, no lights on the oil, water, and shallow warning system, no tilt, and no turning over but the rest of the boat works so i know there is power still. I have checked the micro fuses in the engine, and as many as i could find on the boat itself but still think i am missing one since it was running fine before i turned it off. I have checked all of the connections on the battery, they all look ok. I am not really sure where to go from here but i really think it is electrical since it did it so sudden. Are there any more fuses around the engine that should be looked at possbily that i missed? Also should i ask about this in the hurricane portion instead? Thanks for any help, steve

honda400ex2003

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: no power to engine

update to the engine. it has power to it to turn it over if i jump the solenoid. but the rest of it doesnt work still. no tilt or start yet out of the handle or on the motor itself. no beep when the key comes on, no lights on the dash still. I have looked for all fuses and they all look good. there are 3 right by the battery, none under the dash, and the block on the motor itself unless one of the bigger black fuses popped. all of the micro 10 amp ones are good. I think i got all of them. I didnt see any more under the boat floor or in the engine back. maybe i missed an important one for the starter and the tilt. I am stumped now... any help would be great! thanks, steve

honda400ex2003

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: no power to engine

bump. I havent been able to find anything else wrong with wires or anything. maybe the keyswitch went bad? Is that a likely issue? Maybe the tether switch is bad? I am going to get a tester today and do some continuity tests and voltage tests to see how it reacts when turning the key and such. Does anyone have a link to a schematic for the FICHT? Thanks for any help, steve