No Plane, Low RPM'S

Kthomas1857

Recruit
I have a 2003 Four Winns 268 Vista Cruiser, with a Volvo/penta 5.7 I/O. Today I could not get on plane and with throttle wide open could not get above 3500 RPM'S. Boat was running great until last week, had to have the starter replaced, today was first day I took it out since getting back from shop.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
This is not a prop issue! Look for plug wires hanging and take it back to the shop.

Andy1962us

Cadet
I think you might have a fuel problem with that being said it can be any number of things, check fuel pump pressure, pressure regulator, replace all filters and have injectors tester, and I agree with GA Boater you might have accidentally knocked a plug wire loose when replacing starter. I hope this helps

Bryant2005

Recruit
I think you might have a fuel problem with that being said it can be any number of things, check fuel pump pressure, pressure regulator, replace all filters and have injectors tester, and I agree with GA Boater you might have accidentally knocked a plug wire loose when replacing starter. I hope this helps
I
I had the same problem just last week. 2005 Bryant 200 / VP 5.0 GXI. I pulled all the spark plugs and found #2 & #6 plugs were fouled badly. I checked the plugs and they were working fine, so my mechanic and I determined that it was a fuel delivery problem. The fuel pump was replaced last year after checking for paint chips in the system, which was pretty bad. It had to be my 16-year-old injectors. We ordered new injectors, completely flushed the system which fixed MY problem. The boat leaps out of the water now and I got it up to 53 MPH, which I was never able to do before.
Pull some spark plugs and take a look.
I'm going to change all the sensors, MAP, IAC, & TPS, just because.

Bryant2005

Recruit
I

I had the same problem just last week. 2005 Bryant 200 / VP 5.0 GXI. I pulled all the spark plugs and found #2 & #6 plugs were fouled badly. I checked the plugs and they were working fine, so my mechanic and I determined that it was a fuel delivery problem. The fuel pump was replaced last year after checking for paint chips in the system, which was pretty bad. It had to be my 16-year-old injectors. We ordered new injectors, completely flushed the system which fixed MY problem. The boat leaps out of the water now and I got it up to 53 MPH, which I was never able to do before.
Pull some spark plugs and take a look.
I'm going to change all the sensors, MAP, IAC, & TPS, just because.
Check your temp as well. If she's running hot the ECM will cut power.

kenny nunez

Captain
Check the fuel rail with a magnet. The first Volvos with fuel injection had steel fuel rails that will rust inside and the particles will get into the injectors. Later models have stainless rails. If you cannot get ethanol free gasoline that can cause some problems.