No ID plate, no insurance?

murphoir

Cadet
I have bought a 20hp mariner which doesn`t seem to have an id plate, so I cannot get the serial number. My insurance company requires that I give them one for my engine, otherwise they can`t insure me. Has anyone had the same problem or can anyone suggest a way of re-registering it? Any suggestions are most welcome, many thanks Murphoir.......

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: No ID plate, no insurance?

For the purpose of insuring I would think you could stamp on your own number take a picture and/or do pencil rub and show it to them.
If motors are titled in your state you will need to contact your motor vehicle office.

dajohnson53

Lieutenant Commander
Re: No ID plate, no insurance?

I have bought a 20hp mariner which doesn`t seem to have an id plate, so I cannot get the serial number. My insurance company requires that I give them one for my engine, otherwise they can`t insure me. Has anyone had the same problem or can anyone suggest a way of re-registering it? Any suggestions are most welcome, many thanks Murphoir.......

I don't know nothin' from nothin' about Mariners, but my engines have a s/n forged into the block. Takes some searching sometimes.