No electrical power. 96 force 90hp

nicsack1

Recruit
I recently bought a 96 sun tracker party barge with a 90 hp force. Installed new battery and when I attempt to crank I show 12 volts but when I attempt to trim motor or crank the entire 12 volt system quits. I've replaced the starter solenoid in attempts to fix this issue but no luck. HELP ME!!!

nicsack1

Recruit
Yes everything is tight. I have power. But when I turn the ignition or try to tilt or trim it kills the entire system. Then it's like it takes 5 or 10 mins before the system will reset itself even if you remove the battery leads and replace

Little Richard

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm no expert just trying to help. If your boat has a positive and ground bar under you dash that all your devices are wired into. Check the main connections that go from those to the battery. Loose or corroded? It's loosing all power when your trying to complete the circuit via trim switch and ignition switch. It's something that they all have in common

Little Richard

Petty Officer 3rd Class
If all good trace those main power and ground wires all the way back to the battery looking for loose or dirty connections.

Little Richard

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Did this boat operate fine before. I'm sure that with key to on position and using jumper cables to bypass the solenoid it will start up or turn over. I beleive the fault lies from battery to console and back

NightAngler

Cadet
More info please. "Quits"- explain. Any smell when it dies? Also corrosion could also be between the main pos or neg cable ferule and the wire or wire compressed on the batt terminal lug. Cause it happens with trim as well as cranking it's a current-draw issue, usually meaning a bad heavy wire connection somewhere. Good Luck.

nicsack1

Recruit
When I switch ignition on for initial 12v power everything is fine. Lights work. Gauges read. Dash lights work. Etc. but when I try to either trim the motor or start the engine. The entire 12v system goes dead. No power whatsoever. No lights. Nothing. And even when I remove the power from the battery and reconnect the power doesnt return immediately. It usually takes around 10 min or so. And then everything comes back on. But attempt it again and everything dies again. No powet whatsover