NFL - Week 10

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
(Where is jrttoday? Guess we hijacked the NFL thread to deer hunting ...)

Nah. Just idle chatter waiting the games to start. :joyous:

aspeck

Staff member
So no horn, Speck?

Too dark to tell. Don't know if the 2 were the 8 pt and doe that ran across my back yard the day before, or were a different pair, both doe, both buck, just don't know. Couldn't see in the dark, and I left the spotlight in the Yukon.;)

GA_Boater

What's the limit up there now in PA? Last time I was home you couldn't dodge the potholes for the deer herds and you couldn't dodge the deer for the pothole herds. :facepalm:

aspeck

Staff member
Game Commission has really put a hurting on the herds and have cut back on the doe tags. Now in most WMU's the first 5 days of the season are buck only, and the doe tags are usually gone my the second round. You can still get "special" tags in Chronic Waste Disease Areas, and special deer hunt areas. I have a buck and 2 doe tags (could have had 4 if I wanted where I hunt). It used to be that on a slow day we would see 30 deer in the woods and there were many days you could see over 150 deer. The liberal seasons and pressure to kill does and save the bucks to make it more of a trophy state shrunk the herd to the place we were going days without seeing a deer. If you saw 7 or 8 deer in a day that was a great day. Young hunters (as well as many older hunters) gave up the futile chase of the elusive whitetail. Over the last few years we have had an increase in the herd and we are seeing 5-12 deer a day on a more consistent basis.

The potholes, well, they are as prolific as ever.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Seeing 5 - 12 deer would excellent around here. You can go days w/o seeing anything. Same in N MN. WI you can bait, but I never have. Both states are trying to save the does and do away with the bucks. Bucks only the last 2 years. It sure doesn't make for a balanced herd.

GA_Boater

It's kinda funny how opposite deer population control are in different states . Musky's part of the world thin the bucks and in aspeck's part are thinning the does.

Peterbilts and Macks don't care. :eek:

Time for football! :D

boatman37

Lieutenant
i quit hunting mainly because of the restrictions PA GC put on everything. too hard to count points from 50 yards away. need at least 4 on one side not including brow tine in my area. and the penalty is pretty big if you miscount. i gave up about 3 or 4 years ago. no fun anymore

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Man, talk about upsets. My Pickem screen looks almost solid red. Haven't checked Fantasy yet, I'm too skeerd. Just started watching. Had to put up the hunting hut and plow tires on first... :)

Packers lose to the Lions at home????!!!!!!! Rodgers was 35/61

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Vikes win! Now if I only had picked them....... Maybe they are for real.....

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I predicted before season Vikings would be 9-7 for the season. Next 7 games are going to be tough. Green Bay twice. Arizona. Seattle. Maybe 10-6?

aspeck

Staff member
I loved the fact the Big Ben set the NFL record from most passing yardage by a BACK-UP quarterback when Landry Jones went down with an ankle sprain ...:facepalm::D:facepalm:

GA_Boater

Only two rushers with 100+ yards so far today. Peterson and McCoy. What happened to the rushing game?

boatman37

Lieutenant
pitt and cleveland had no run game. as bad as the browns run D is they were stuffing deangelo williams. i think he ended up with 58 yards or so but i think the whole team had like 3 yards rushing at halftime

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I see the Saints fired Rob Ryan... Before the game tonite I believe they said there were 9 upsets yesterday. I believe it...

GA_Boater

Only 9 upsets? Might be 10 for the week if Cincy doesn't score some more points. 3-6 at the half. Not much cushion for the Bengals.

GA_Boater

TJ Yates is a good QB. I don't know why Hou let him go to Atlanta for a year.