Newbie Rebuild" 1988 Bluefin Sportsman 1900 w/ 100HP Merc

Renderwurx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Tks guys. It was a great day. The labor day weekend was just as good.. hit two more lakes and enjoyed every minute of it. A few crappie and a couple small bass was the catch... but it was the view that was the real keeper...

V88hcIR.jpg

Renderwurx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
As much as I wanted to go fishing this weekend, I needed to spend more time finishing up the boot so... this past week I took the flooring out and painted it with the Skid-No-More, I've installed the decking. Using some aluminum straps cut from a sheet I made joiners for the plywood edges.

8uAltz4.jpg

uoQDQZC.jpg

Renderwurx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I also plumbed the gas tank. I had ordered a new fill hose and 25' of fuel line. If I had known what a pain crawling up in the nose under the from deck was going to be, I would have done this BEFORE putting in the deck... lol

Not sure if it is standard, but when I got the boat, the old fuel line was just run naked under the gunwales, hung with coated aluminum hangers. I just happened to have some 3/4" pvc and decided to run it as a conduit. I think I feel a little safe with the hose not out where it can be knicked or hit.

AGrpjoZ.jpg

Renderwurx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I made this last week as well.. testing out designs for seating that is moveable and provides storage. I didn't want to spring for aluminum sheet, so I crafted this out of 1/2" ply and that's a HD storage tote from Home Depot cut exactly in half. I'm not done with it yet, but it's actually very sturdy as is.

RSjRcWU.jpg

Renderwurx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Also finished my floating baitwell. After catching some bait in the cast net, you unload the net directly into this baitwell floating next to the boat. Especially for like shad, which are very fragile... this lets them dirty the water here, then when transferred to the livewell, they are easier to keep alive.

It's a 10 gallon muck bucket with about 900 holes drilled. Put a cord through a pool noodle and tie it around the bucket... hillbilly belt style :)

H9tW011.jpg

Last edited:

Renderwurx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
With the boat back together, I just had to get out for another day of fishing. I can't wait to get the Merc 100 back on it and tuned in!

yWG0Dfl.jpg

Renderwurx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The floating bait bucket worked great, as did the livewell. it kept this 3lb bass feisty for 4+ hours until i was able to transfer it to a friend's pond.

ZBkGfCp.jpg

Renderwurx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The Merc 100 is installed! I filled the gearcase with fresh oil after changing the seals and installing a water pump kit. I ordered new momentary (ON)/OFF/(ON) switches to install one on the motor and one at the console for trim. I have the No feedback steering installed and the new controls/cables. I had to extend the wiring harness about 6 feet but it is done now as well. Just need to connect the safety kill switch and the wires for the neutral-start switch.

Also found a nice, used Minn Kota Powerdrive V2 trolling motor that if the stars align, will be here tomorrow.

I am hopeful I can take it out Saturday to get a test run on the engine. [h=3]
wy4kmcZ.jpg
[/h]

Renderwurx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Been a while, but have been getting around to a few finishing touches. I ended up making my own cushions for DIY the flip flop bench seat. Turned out well. The bottom cushion snaps onto the cooler.

WNIZTZj.jpg

Renderwurx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Oh... and after cleaning the 4 carbs, rebuilding the fuel pump, replacing the accelerator pump diaphragm, replacing all the fuel lin in the engine, filters, I am happy to report the Merc100 is running very nicely.

MAIdZQv.jpg

oldrem

Commander
Looks like the crew is having fun. Cushion idea came out nice.