Newbie, had a boat, blown motor.. Wheres the best place to pick up a used motor?

cwforcelemon

Cadet
I am the one who bought the boat without checking it out first...

On the hunt for a used motor.. Have a 1985 Bayliner with a 125hp blown motor..

Any ideas besides craigslist...?

Thanks and I look forward to my beat down..lol.

south texas

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Newbie, had a boat, blown motor.. Wheres the best place to pick up a used motor?

why not craigslist? Pretty much everything you need is on there...

cwforcelemon

Cadet
Re: Newbie, had a boat, blown motor.. Wheres the best place to pick up a used motor?

Already on craigslist.. everyday... going to look outside my area to start ...

south texas

Seaman Apprentice

Already on craigslist.. everyday... going to look outside my area to start ...

You'll find something on there. You just need to keep checking. Also, look for boats, not just motors. You may find a cheap boat, take the motor, and jusnk/sell the rest.

dorelse

Chief Petty Officer

You'll find something on there. You just need to keep checking. Also, look for boats, not just motors. You may find a cheap boat, take the motor, and jusnk/sell the rest.

x2

A lot of times, you can find a completely shot boat/trailer/outboard combo that is 1/2 or 1/3 the price of just an outboard.

wajajaja02

Senior Chief Petty Officer

need to add your location to your profile, and diagnose what wrong with your force 125 there are lots around, in various shape, I have one I haven't taken the cover off yet, using the other boat for now.