New Season !!

spdracr39

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well the boat comes out tomorrow for the first time this year !!! Let the boating season begin :joyous:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: New Season !!

Just brought mine home from storage yesterday. Hope to splash this weekend.

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

Winterization? Storage? I live on the SE NC coast-- fish year round... but it does get chilly at times.

agallant80

Commander

I have been taking my boat out for about the past month. Did a nice cruse from Oak Island to Wilmington. Only thing is I don't consider the season to start until I can jump in the water. It has been too cold for that. I was on the lake today and the water temp was 59

spdracr39

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Had a great day on the lake today. It was pretty windy but manageable. The only issue with the seasons first run was a small duh moment. Apparently the shop decided to pull the drain plugs out of the engine after they put it on the computer to check the codes. I did not tell them to do it and I didn't know they did. When we launched and pulled away from the dock I turned on the bilge pump to check for leaks and water came out. I quickly open the hood and water was pouring out of the thermostat housing. I had my helpers hold a finger over the hole and rushed back to the dock. I turned the motor off and looked again and it was pouring out of the distribution housing too !! Then I realized what was going on. I'm glad the mechanic had sense enough to put the plugs in the glove box because I only have so many fingers. I got the plugs back in and the rest of the day went very smooth.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Had mine out today with no problems other than ran out of beer.

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander

Went out in mine for a quick sea trial after a re-power a few weeks ago. Froze my $**@( off! Boats home now and all set to splash as soon as the weather cooperates in another 6 weeks or so. :pout:

MN Sun

Cadet

We'll be lucky to splash by the May fishing opener! I was hard water fishing this weekend and augered through 30+ inches of ice!

Gotta love Minnesooota :censored:

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

I don't think God intended people to live in places like that.
We'll be lucky to splash by the May fishing opener! I was hard water fishing this weekend and augered through 30+ inches of ice!

Gotta love Minnesooota :censored:

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Well I have had mine out two days , One hauling the grand kids around and today out fishing , it hit 80 and it was very nice.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Had a great day on the lake today. It was pretty windy but manageable. The only issue with the seasons first run was a small duh moment. Apparently the shop decided to pull the drain plugs out of the engine after they put it on the computer to check the codes. I did not tell them to do it and I didn't know they did. When we launched and pulled away from the dock I turned on the bilge pump to check for leaks and water came out. I quickly open the hood and water was pouring out of the thermostat housing. I had my helpers hold a finger over the hole and rushed back to the dock. I turned the motor off and looked again and it was pouring out of the distribution housing too !! Then I realized what was going on. I'm glad the mechanic had sense enough to put the plugs in the glove box because I only have so many fingers. I got the plugs back in and the rest of the day went very smooth.

Did you stop by Buddy's on the way back and tell him "chop chop"?:whip:

spdracr39

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Did you stop by Buddy's on the way back and tell him "chop chop"?:whip:

I did look over there as I passed but didn't see your boat. Maybe he parked it inside so he can work on it :)

spdracr39

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yes it was a great day. A little windy but when it's blowing from the south the ridges block it around Devils Fork where we put in. The smart tabs make the rough water much more tolerable also. I was very happy to see a normal water level too. All the ramps were open for a change !!

dvtran

Petty Officer 3rd Class

24 inches of ice to go and we are set. Lake should be swimmable by late June.

aaarrrrgggghhhh