New Questions

keelbolts

Cadet
Good evening gents,
A few questions for you MFG guys. I have a '60 Oxford Deluxe hull that's missing almost everything.

How is the plywood floor attached to the aluminum stringers & keelson?

What are the dimensions on the aluminum channel that sits athwartships on top of the stringers & fwd section of plywood floor about where the front seats go?

Do the fasteners for the stringers pass thru wood strips attached to the outside of the hull?

Thanks.

*EdC*

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: New Questions

keelbolts

Several members have Oxfords. I'm sure one of them will chime in to help you out. If you cruise this forum you'll see a lot of pics and things. Also check out the restoration section

SteveMFG_Oxford

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: New Questions

My '61 has a 1/2" plywood floor that appears to be screwed to the metal stringers with s/s screws with finish washers. My guess is that they are just #10 self-tapping metal screws. I personally have not removed the plywood deck as it is still pretty solid. I believe this to be the second floor in this boat.

Due to a large repair I found on the bottom that was probably "healed" from the inside and a few other "tells", plus the 51 year age I'm pretty confident this is correct.