New Project 21' Continental Barcone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumz

Cadet
I bought her on craigslist pretty cheap. I finished the rebuild on my 16' VIP last year and needed a new distraction.
VIP rebuild - http://photobucket.com/sweatequity

I would like to enclose the transom which is currently notched and add a self made outboard bracket.

I was hoping for some feedback on setback and motor height. I have researched some and can't find a definitive answer. I would like to have some proven math to maintain stability, avoid porpoising and to try and get the performance improvement claims of the commercial manufacturers.

Continental Barcone - http://boatspecs.iboats.com/Continental__Barcone__1978/bp/66b22875

I will post some pics of the deconstruction soon.

Thanks,

Rumz

Jrhpllc

Recruit
Re: New Project 21' Continental Barcone

I just found your thread on this website when trying to find info on Barcone. I want to start by saying I can't answer your question, but was hoping you might have some info on Barcone. Just bought a 21' center console back in the spring and about to get the restoration going now that its cooling off. Do you have any info? Also did you get an answer to your question?

Thanks.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Best to just start a new thread of your own with your questions Jr, this thread belongs to Rumz and his future repairs.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Please respect our rules, Jrhplic.

12. Please do not post to threads that have been inactive for more than 3 months UN-LESS you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any thread that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old thread. This is considered a hijack. Please start a new thread of your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.