New person here and old Connelly trick ski restoration

oldjeep

Admiral
Re: New person here and old Connelly trick ski restoration

Hey, thanks for the link. For $15 I'm going to see how much the seller would charge to box it up and ship it to me.

To late ;) Showed it to one of the kids and they thought it looked fun so I had the lady ship it to me.

bikerdib

Seaman Apprentice

HEY OLDJEEP, no fair; this is my thread, I was supposed to get first call on that ski. Just kidding, hope your kids enjoy it. I thought it was funny they called it a trick wakeboard. Oh and that wood slalom kinda predates the trick you are getting too. Is that your ski? It's in really great condition. Does it have a concave bottom?

oldjeep

Admiral

HEY OLDJEEP, no fair; this is my thread, I was supposed to get first call on that ski. Just kidding, hope your kids enjoy it. I thought it was funny they called it a trick wakeboard. Oh and that wood slalom kinda predates the trick you are getting too. Is that your ski? It's in really great condition. Does it have a concave bottom?

The ski belonged to my wifes great uncle, he used it up until last year. It hangs on my wall at the moment. It has a concave bottom like a lot of skis of that age. I think it is from the 60's, he took really good care of his stuff.

skibrain

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Kudos to anyone who can ride a single trick .... And do anything on it!

bikerdib

Seaman Apprentice

I no longer have anyone that I'd trust to operate a release for me so I gave up foot hold passes but I still do quite a few handhold surface and wake tricks.

That brings up something for oldjeep; falling a lot is just part of learning to trick. Please try to keep your kids interested enough to keep at it. I think it's good to bring the young people into the "classic" forms of skiing instead of them just wakeboarding. To get them started; remember, lots of bend at the knees with 80 to 90% of their weight on the front foot and keep their eyes on the horizon. Lots of people look down at the ski when first learning and that's usually where they end up, down in the water.

oldjeep

Admiral

I no longer have anyone that I'd trust to operate a release for me so I gave up foot hold passes but I still do quite a few handhold surface and wake tricks.

That brings up something for oldjeep; falling a lot is just part of learning to trick. Please try to keep your kids interested enough to keep at it. I think it's good to bring the young people into the "classic" forms of skiing instead of them just wakeboarding. To get them started; remember, lots of bend at the knees with 80 to 90% of their weight on the front foot and keep their eyes on the horizon. Lots of people look down at the ski when first learning and that's usually where they end up, down in the water.

Thanks, I appreciate the advise. I'm sure dad will wind up trying it out too ;)

Looking forward to seeing what your ski looks like finished.