new old boat

ed Hall

Seaman Apprentice
Just got an old boat. The previous owner called it an OMC boat from the name on the out drive. It has a logo in the center of the dash a 3 pointed crown and a large letter C. It is a 1965 wooden open top boat with a V6 inboard . I need help identifying it please. tried to post a pic but upload fails everytime.

Last edited:

ed Hall

Seaman Apprentice
Re: new old boat

small.jpg

Any one recognise this logo?

Last edited:

saumon

Lieutenant

Did you have a better pic of the logo? And one of the boat could also help...

ed Hall

Seaman Apprentice

i ran out of light today will get better pics tomorrow

ed Hall

Seaman Apprentice

one of the boat it has a v6 inb oard and a out drive.
00Q0Q_1foeoJm3DAA_600x450.jpg

MikDee

Banned

It looks like maybe an old Cruisers Inc. boat? How big is it?

saumon

Lieutenant

Looks a lot like the '60's Chetek lapstrake boats, but the logo didn't seems to match...

The bow flare isn't the same but the windshield sure look identical.

chetek-017.jpg

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member

21 foot Cruisers with a V6 OMC Electric Shift. How's the engine / SternDrive run? Very pretty boat.

Welcome aboard!

ed Hall

Seaman Apprentice

thanks a lot in helping me id this boat. i just got it and the rain has not eased up much for me to go through it. looks like i have a 2nd stern drive in pieces in the boat. I iknow I have to rebuild the starter and the motor that raises and lowers the drive is not working. I am hoping it is just wireing. I will be pulling from the "Well of knowledge" everyone here contributes to getting this baby back in running shape.

Ned L

Commander

Vintage Cruisers have a pretty good following, you should be able to find lots of information on her. Congratulations!

ed Hall

Seaman Apprentice

previous owner replacxe steering system with a rack and spliced 2 short cables to make the correct length. they are teleflex cables but the numbers have worn off. i need a 6 foot cable with these ends. 20140415_193247.jpg cableend.jpg

i could use any help identifying this cable. I need to know what to search for i search for steering cables and to many show up with the wrong ends. these cables are for this cruisers inc boat.

southkogs

Staff member

EDIT: Never mind me ... not paying attention :)

airshot

Rear Admiral

I would go thru that wood hull carefully and be sure there is no rot, especially in the keel area and the transom area. If she has solid wood then they were great riding boats. Wood hulls are lighter than glass so it should scoot right along. Nothing beats the look of a freshly finished wood boat as long as I am not the one doing the sanding and painting.