New Kayaks -

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Must be getting older I guess, the wife has me on a strict exercise and weight loss diet and it seems to be working. After seeing pictures of myself deep sea fishing I was disgusted at how heavy I was and now at 47 years old it is time for a change - in the last six weeks I have shed nearly thirty pounds, quit smoking and exercise daily. My wife fully supports my love for the water and as such figured we would roll that into our lifestyle change, soooo... last month I went to our local outfitters and ordered two new sea kayaks... I did some sea kayaking years ago when we lived in St. John's and loved it, we figured we would give it a go here.

17’ Looksha Polymer with Rudder (mine)
15’ Eliza Polymer with Rudder (wifes)

can be viewed here - wife gets the red Eliza and I have the sunburst Looksha.

http://www.neckykayaks.com/familymain.aspx?id=57

Will post a couple of pics when we bring them home

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Re: New Kayaks -

Cool Kobe. I love paddling. In fact, just between us girls I prefer my canoe or raft on moving water to our party barge on the lake. Don't tell the Admiral or Vice Admiral I said that (though I suspect they already know).

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Cool Kobe. I love paddling. In fact, just between us girls I prefer my canoe or raft on moving water to our party barge on the lake. Don't tell the Admiral or Vice Admiral I said that (though I suspect they already know).

I grew up canoing here in Labrador and all of my teenage hunting years were done in a square backed coleman scanoe... they have a couple of annual canoe races here every summer... might just do it in the kayak for fun this year.

Just notice your sig

"""Square stern Ouachita canoe the admiral doesn't know I have yet """

That is AWESOME!!!:D someones gonna get "paddled" when she finds out!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I grew up canoing here in Labrador and all of my teenage hunting years were done in a square backed coleman scanoe... they have a couple of annual canoe races here every summer... might just do it in the kayak for fun this year.

Just notice your sig

"""Square stern Ouachita canoe the admiral doesn't know I have yet """

That is AWAESOME!!!:D someones gonna get "paddled" when she finds out!

I wish!!!!!!!:p I finally fessed up. She just rolled her eyes and told me I had a problem. I figured that was as good a time as any to tell her about the little Merc I got for it too.:eek: I don't like it nearly as much as the new Mad River though. That thing is the shiznippity. First new boat I've ever bought.

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

lol... Now ya gotta rejig your sig!

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Those are nice!
We have an 18 foot laker sitting on top of the camper that has not been used in years, sometimes I sure miss my paddling days.
There was a time when I was doing class 2-3 rivers here in BC (some class 4 sections AHHHH) and some big trips like the Mackenzie river to the Beaufort sea, the Ottawa the Bow the Thompson plus all the fishing lakes we drove or walked into with the canoe on our shoulders.

Good Times!!

drrpm

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Small plastic boats are my favorites. Currently I have 3 whitewater kayaks and a tandem whitewater canoe. Composite seakayaks are very nice. I'd probably get one if I lived near the coast.