New guy, starcraft mariner 210

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer
Nice I need to get started on mine as well. welcome aboard. can't wait to see more pics that trailer looks like mine.
Ahhhhh our #'s are growing....... Us Mariner owners will take over. :D

Last edited:

jmalecek

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys, I've pulled her from the weeds and removed the tarp. I have been taking pic's that will be posted soon. Where do I find the hull plate that gives the model and hp rating?

JimbC. I'm not to thrilled with the trailer, it only has 8 rollers. The bow is about 2' from the tongue and the stern hangs about 8" from the rear most roller and a foot and half from the rear most cross bar on the trailer. Doesn't look possible to put a motor toter on it. I might switch to a bunk trailer that has a 20' maxum on it currently.

Pic's to come!

Thanks
Jamie

jmalecek

Seaman Apprentice
Ok, here's some pic's between storms.
BTW the trailer is 16 roller, not 8. I did find some goodies, bimini top, plastic 10 gal or so fuel tank that is sun burnt. 60 gal aluminum belly tank that will be for sale :D, second prop, and some odds and ends.
Never could find the CG Hull plate.

Oh well, on with the pic's.....

jmalecek

Seaman Apprentice

This bothers me a bit. The boat had a swim platform/ladder but looks like the lower brace tore the aluminum. Not sure how hard that will be to fix.

jmalecek

Seaman Apprentice

This bothers me a bit. The boat had a swim platform/ladder but looks like the lower brace tore the aluminum. Not sure how hard that will be to fix.

jmalecek

Seaman Apprentice

Tank for sale

I'll get the dimentions if anyone is interested. I tried to take a pic of the tag, but it didn't come out.

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer
jmalecek that tank you have is an under the deck tank. (see the shape) I'll take it if the price is right.:D

Last edited:

jmalecek

Seaman Apprentice
jmalecek that tank you have is an under the deck tank. (see the shape) I take it if the price is right.:D
I will get the dimensions on it, it is a 60 gallon tank tho, it's to tall and wide for the stringers in this boat. I'll let you know. Jamie

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer
Well it would be the same in my boat. I have the same boat as you. errrrrrrr I do want to go with an under deck one.

Nismoron

Petty Officer 2nd Class
NO FAIR!!! I had to spend all day digging out wet foam! You can just pick yours up and toss it out. Then put it back..... :-(

64osby

Admiral

That looks like there could be some severe corrosion. I'd be pulling the transom and looking the whole back of the boat over really good before investing much time up front.

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer
It's looks like salt water corrision, Aluminum it can be patched welded. There is only about 300 rivets holding the transom skin on.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Take the transom out, clean that mess up and lets see what your dealing with. I had to patch some areas on my Chief and so did Bluefin on his SS. So it's not a huge deal in the scheme of things if you have a corrosion problem, just takes more time to deal with it if not too bad.

jmalecek

Seaman Apprentice
I scraped away some of the bottom paint and found additional holes. I am gonna try to pull the transom today. Thanks for the input guys. Jamie

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Your going to need to remove that splashwell and all the fasteners first. Also try to leave that old transom intact for a template, it will make your life a lot easier down the road to have it.