new guy raven 2100 br

a1999ponyboy

Seaman Apprentice
hey guys i just bought a 1989 raven 2100 br. i picked it up with trailor for $500 about a week ago. i have looked on the web and i cant find any real info on raven boats. the engine and out drive are in good working order. the seats and floor are shot :( the guy that sold it to me said boats of this style, the floor is not fiber glassed in. is this true? i havent had a chance to do anything with the boat yet, i plan to do my repairs over the winter. this is my first boat and i want to do this right! the guy said basicaly tear out the carpet and floor and use the old floor as a template. then he told me to just screw the new floor to the stringers underneith. it cant be that easy!!!! ??? any help would be great, also i was wondering if anyone has a good write up or step buy step to fallow? i know newbs suck lol

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: new guy raven 2100 br

Nope, it's not that easy. When you get the deck ripped out, you'll most likely find more rot in the stringers underneath. It is certainly fixable though and with help from the guys on this site, you'll have it repaired and probably built better than it was when it left the factory. What engine and drive do you have in it? I have heard of Raven boats but don't know anything about them. Check out this thread http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=454460 as it's pretty much the best documentation you'll find of what may be in store for you. Welcome to iboats!

a1999ponyboy

Seaman Apprentice

the boat has a 4.3l merc with an alpha 1 drive. good god man i think i just pooped my self.....lol god i hope im not going to have to do all that!!!!!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Sadly, 90% chance you are. At least you have a real good powerplant there!

a1999ponyboy

Seaman Apprentice

well so far as i know as you walk on the floor the stringers feel solid under the ply wood. but the ply is shot and its all in the back near the fuel cell. question. i looked around the engine bay and i didnt see anything fiberglassed? should the inside of the engine cover be glassed?